“Nice for families.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Nice for families.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Fairfield Inn & suites at St Augustine is a perfect place to stay and visit that city. It is very clean and really well maintained. The room was clean and neat. The entire staff was very attentive, friendly and professional.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Axis M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel was clean and modern looking. Loved the non-smoking policy, Good location off 95, not too far from historic attractions. Unlike a previous rating here, the breakfast area didn't have enough room, it was crowded for sure---maybe it's because of the season for vacation!! Only had one waffle maker. They could improve by making the brkfast area a bit bigger. But, the breakfast items were overall good. Staff was friendly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank D M
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, Even living in st.augustine, I come here to have a "mini"
vacantion for myself. Staying here they make you feel like family!! The staff is awesome! The cleanliness,and atmosphere is beyond a 5 star to me! I have never had a problem. If you need anything they are so quick to accomodate you!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank teresa k
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean, decent stay where you will be properly greeted on both your way in and out, sleep in a clean room with a clean bath, everything in place and order and a decent price, you will find it in this hotel. Spent only one night on our way but enough to grasp a good understanding of the place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eddy S
philadelphia area
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel seems updated and the outside is very nice. It's not that close to the attractions of Saint Augustine but then you get a better price. My kids loved the pool and the front desk people were very accommodating and nice.
I'm only giving them an average rating because the breakfast was the same every day. First morning, we were fine with the choices but after 2 more days without variety, we were a little tired of it. BUT the breakfast area actually had enough room for the guests. Usually people are scrounging for tables while balancing plates and I didn't see that once.
Our room was just average...nothing to write home about. But the TV choices were terrible...there was nothing for kids. No Nickelodeon, no Disney Channel, not even Cartoon Network. So I'd let my kids watch TV while I took a shower but at 9 PM, there was nothing appropriate for them.
Also, I found hair in the bathroom. This is pretty common but it drives me crazy. My whole family is blond (naturally or by the bottle) but the hair was dark so I know it wasn't any of ours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elawson
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I apologize for not responding to your review sooner! I would also like to apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I completely understand how the situation with the television channels can be frustrating, especially with children. Marriott has recently changed the standards for our channel listings. That being said, we will be updating them very soon. I apologize that we have not been able to make that change yet.

I cannot apologize enough for the cleanliness issue. This is also a pet peeve of mine and it will be addressed. We do our best to ensure that everything is not only fresh but, as clean as possible for you upon arrival. I can certainly undestand how this can change your stay...and quickly.

I would also like to take the time to thank you for your review. I appreciate any feedback I get for my property whether it is positive or negative. We use our reviews to learn and to make sure we are doing everything in our power to WOW our Guests.

Lindsey Davis
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The stay here was a last minute decision through Price line.com (same day reservation) Their website only listed this hotel as 2.5 stars, so I was taking a gamble to book here. I tell ya.. I'd give it 5 STARS! We really enjoyed the one night we stayed here. First of all, the colors of the hotel were modern and clean. Our rooms were spotless and very comfortable. The room had its own thermostat and the temp was perfect. (no noisy outside/inside air handler) The pool and spa were perfect. We even used the exercise equipment (and I DON"T exercise..lol) It was close enough to all the happenings in St. Augustine, and close enough to the highway, but not loud. Very relaxing. We got a great price, and definitely want to return someday. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. PS, even the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, but I'm sure any room in the hotel would be very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scissors65
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The property is pretty new. Location is practical. Just off I-95, near old St. Augustine, shops and restaurants. Great value for the price. The staff in all areas is attentive, accomodating, friendly and professional. We come to this area to take care of personal visits and are also familiar with the tourism, shopping and dining in the area. This is our 3rd time staying here and the stay has been consistent in good quality of rooms and staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple