“Great Staff, Peace and Quiet Not Here!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Florida
“Great Staff, Peace and Quiet Not Here!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've stayed at 3 Fairfield Inns on our trip and each one is the same. The staff is their strong suit, nicely appointed, poorly laid out small breakfast room and noisy accommodations. Whether it's the new construction method - who knows. This location you could hear the people above/beside open their curtains, talking, laughing in the different rooms, people exiting the elevator (not located beside or close our rto oom by the way) carrying on conversations allll the way down the hall at all hours....peace and quiet is more important to us so no more Fairfield Inns.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I appreciate your accolades in regards to my team! Unfortunately, I can also understand how noise issues could tarnish what could have been a very nice stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. If you would like to discuss the issue I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me.

Again, Thank you for your praise of our team. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced.

Lindsey Davis - GM
ldavis@shanercorp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Waldorf
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while traveling from Florida to Maryland. It is located right off I-95 and very close to a outlet mall. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. They went out of their way to help us when we needed it. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The rooms are standard rooms. The bed was comfortable. The walls are a little thin. We did hear our neighbors and a few doors slamming at times. Make sure you get a room away from the elevators. The breakfast is continental style with a waffle station. The lady attending the breakfast area was very nice and helpful. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ypsilanti
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Located right by two large outlet malls this is a budget friendly Marriott property. It is not close to the sights or activities of St Augustine so a car is a must...and be prepared to drive several miles to town. The management is friendly and helpful. Oddly, for a locale with at least 4 largish hotels, there are no full service restaurants near by. Rooms are moderate size and kept clean...and since this is quite a new property everything is in working order.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are a bit quieter with less noise from people going in and out and from the parki...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We took a weekend in St. Augustine and stayed at the Fairfield Inn at I95. This is a new property and everything is clean and fresh. Hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. Service at breakfast bar was the best I have ever experienced. Worth driving seven miles from downtown for a good deal on a nice clean hotel. Close to outlet mall and other dining options.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank shefftom
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently visited St. Augustine to adopt our newborn son. We came from Vermont and were in Florida for several days, without the comfort of friends and family, while the paperwork for adoption was being processed. We stayed in a double room for the first few days with our new baby, but were surprised and relieved when the management offered to upgrade us to a suite to give us more space with our little guy. In a few minutes time, they had us moved into our new suite and even gave us a pack-and-play and various essentials for caring for our baby (like infant shampoo and dish soap for washing our bottles). We were overcome by both the professionalism and the CARING that the staff showed us as we began our journey into parenthood. Even though we were without our family, this staff made us feel taken care of and as close to being at home as you can feel in a hotel. We will never forget their kindness and recommend this particular hotel to anyone and everyone traveling to St. Augustine. The staff at this establishment helped make this final chapter of our adoption story one of comfort and care that we will not soon forget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank WaylandCole
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review of our property! It makes me so proud of my team to know they take ownership of our Guests. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to be so far away from home dealing with such a wonderful yet, overwhelming experience! Congratulations to you on your beautiful new family! I'm so happy that my team helped ease your mind and your first few days into parenthood with your new baby boy! Thank you and Congratulations!

Lindsey Davis
St. Charles, MO
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff makes this hotel! My wife and I weren't sure where we would stop on our travels that day and when I called the Fairfield Inn, I knew I picked the right spot. The staff is excellent and helpful in every way. The lobby is very nice. The room was clean and neat. The breakfast was OK, but adequate. My wife liked this hotel very much and she is very hard to please. It was not close to St. Augustine, but if was perfect for us. I would stay again and in fact, I will try other Fairfield Inns because of this hotel and their staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located right off I-95 but far enough to not hear the traffic and only ten minutes from historic downtown area. We were greeted in the lobby by a warm fireplace which was nice as it had dropped to 30 degrees! The rooms looked new and were very clen and cozy, as well as the bathroom. Typical continental breakfast, but the server was excellent about refilling and keeping each station clean and helping guests with their requests. We will definitely stay here on future trips!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind accolades about our team and our hotel! I wish I had the time to respond to every Guest review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll choose our property again in the future! Thank you so much for your review!!!

Lindsey Davis