“Great Hotel Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winter Haven, Florida
“Great Hotel Stay”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We took a weekend in St. Augustine and stayed at the Fairfield Inn at I95. This is a new property and everything is clean and fresh. Hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. Service at breakfast bar was the best I have ever experienced. Worth driving seven miles from downtown for a good deal on a nice clean hotel. Close to outlet mall and other dining options.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank shefftom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently visited St. Augustine to adopt our newborn son. We came from Vermont and were in Florida for several days, without the comfort of friends and family, while the paperwork for adoption was being processed. We stayed in a double room for the first few days with our new baby, but were surprised and relieved when the management offered to upgrade us to a suite to give us more space with our little guy. In a few minutes time, they had us moved into our new suite and even gave us a pack-and-play and various essentials for caring for our baby (like infant shampoo and dish soap for washing our bottles). We were overcome by both the professionalism and the CARING that the staff showed us as we began our journey into parenthood. Even though we were without our family, this staff made us feel taken care of and as close to being at home as you can feel in a hotel. We will never forget their kindness and recommend this particular hotel to anyone and everyone traveling to St. Augustine. The staff at this establishment helped make this final chapter of our adoption story one of comfort and care that we will not soon forget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank WaylandCole
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review of our property! It makes me so proud of my team to know they take ownership of our Guests. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to be so far away from home dealing with such a wonderful yet, overwhelming experience! Congratulations to you on your beautiful new family! I'm so happy that my team helped ease your mind and your first few days into parenthood with your new baby boy! Thank you and Congratulations!

St. Charles, MO
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff makes this hotel! My wife and I weren't sure where we would stop on our travels that day and when I called the Fairfield Inn, I knew I picked the right spot. The staff is excellent and helpful in every way. The lobby is very nice. The room was clean and neat. The breakfast was OK, but adequate. My wife liked this hotel very much and she is very hard to please. It was not close to St. Augustine, but if was perfect for us. I would stay again and in fact, I will try other Fairfield Inns because of this hotel and their staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located right off I-95 but far enough to not hear the traffic and only ten minutes from historic downtown area. We were greeted in the lobby by a warm fireplace which was nice as it had dropped to 30 degrees! The rooms looked new and were very clen and cozy, as well as the bathroom. Typical continental breakfast, but the server was excellent about refilling and keeping each station clean and helping guests with their requests. We will definitely stay here on future trips!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind accolades about our team and our hotel! I wish I had the time to respond to every Guest review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll choose our property again in the future! Thank you so much for your review!!!

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Fairfield Inn of St. Augustine is located right off of I 95. It is conveniently walking distance to an Outlet Mall, and just a short hop by bus to the tourist hub of St. Augustine. The rooms were standard fare, and we noted that we were short towels. However, a call to the front desk, had the full compliment of towels in our hands in two minutes. The lobby is attractive with lively bright colors and there is plenty of seating around the two sided fireplace. The breakfast selections were fine for my wife and I. There were the typical pancakes, bagels, microwavable breakfast sandwiches etc. and the coffee was wonderful. If you are planning to go into town, a bus can be ordered to pick you up and deliver you the hub for the tram tours. There are many good eating places around town, but we found that the locals go to Schooner's. Check it out for a great seafood meal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Upon our arrival, the gentleman at the front desk on Friday, February 15 was so professional and courteous. We immediately felt welcomed and was shocked to have him ask us which floor we would like. This is the first place I recall asking which floor we would prefer. It was nice to get a first floor just down the hallway for once. The room has a contemporary decor with a different floor plan than a traditional hotel "suite". The king suite did not have a wall or door between the bedroom and living area but it was set up nicely for some privacy. There were two flat screen tv's with multiple movie channels. A sofa, tables, side chair, and a desk workspace. There was also a nice closet and oversized bathroom. Everything was clean and seemed to be newer! The bed was sooo comfortable with extra pillows.

Breakfast offered a few hot and various cold choices. There was a waffle maker, sausage gravy, cereal, fruit, bagels, and breakfast biscuit sandwiches to heat up. Something for everyone!

This is off the beaten path out by the outlets but definitely a good choice. You cannot go wrong here! It is not near the historical district but a nice alternative with many restaurant choices around along with outlet shopping. If you are looking to visit Adventure Landing, it is right down the road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fitzzy
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Looked like the floor in our room had never been vacuumed. Breakfast choices were quite limited...fruit included black bananas and re-packaged fruit filled with preservatives. Usually we find Fruit Naturals, but not here. Also, no Raisin Bran. We had just left a Fairfield Inn in Titusville which was great, even freshly cooked eggs and home fries. Location was good not far from historic area of St. Augustine. Left early for a full-service Marriott in Jacksonville.

Stayed February 2013
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take our customer service very seriously. I would like to personally look into this matter for you. Unfortunately, I'm not showing anything in our Guest Recovery log in regards to the cleanliness of a room over the dates your review states you occupied the hotel. Could you please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may look into the matter? I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I'm sorry for any inconveniences you experienced. I would like the opportunity to investigate the situation and correct it if I may.

General Manager - ldavis@shanercorp.com