“Nice stay for the family”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent two days in St. Augustine doing the tourist thing and stayed at the Fairfield for a night. Room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly, no issues. Hotel is new, looks like it was built in 2011. Breakfast was good, combination of hot and cold items. 15 minutes to the historic district. Upon check in I asked if they had a suite available and the answer was "yes, but it is considerably more" I did not ask how much that was and he did not offer.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ray T
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stay in hotels 200 nights a year. Many five star, a lot of four star but mostly three star. After having just watched the Marriott story on CNNFN, I can't help but think Fairfields must be their "forgotten stepchild"...Every time I stay at one, I wish I hadn't. I used TA as always to book the one in St. Augustine; it had high ratings from the other members so I decided to give it a shot. I pre-paid via AARP Expedia for three nights and pretty much might as well have flushed the money down the toilet as their were no refunds due to last minute purchase.

First, and this is a huge problem in St Augustine (I lived there for years and now live 45 miles away), the "kids" that work there are college students and, seemingly, most lack even basic common sense. Flagler students should be taught hospitality skills like how to properly meet & greet, how do count change back, etc. I checked in long before most others at around 11:00 am and the clerk puts me right next to the elevator. I go back down and tell him to give me something else because people will be partying and I don't want to deal with it. So he puts me in a room where, already, people are talking very loudly in the next room but I said, "oh what the heck". Well, the doors slam as they do in so many hotels and I hate that. Every time I would drift off to sleep, either a door slam would wake me of some drunks acting as though they are they only one is the hotel. After tossing and turning until 6:00 am, I DROVE BACK TO MY HOUSE TO GET SOME SLEEP! The next night, it happened again only worse and I called the desk. I said, "I'm not going to continue to put up with all of this noise." The girl says there's nothing she can do. So, I packed up and left. Essentially I paid for three nights and used none.

Fairfields are so over rated. The rooms are always way too small. They only have about twelve channels. Their towels are small and rough feeling. Everything puts them in a class with two star hotels but they charge as much or more than Courtyard's: which are usually always excellent and also run by Marriott.

I do have to say the maid was very nice and hardworking. She should be the GM at the one in St Aug...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can understand how noise especially when you are far from home can be not only inconvenient but, completely ruin a stay no matter what. I'm sorry that my staff told you that there was "nothing they could do." We typically have a "three strikes" rule with any noise complaint. Intially we will call the room, on the second complaint we will physically go to the room, and on the third complaint, we will call the Sheriff's office and have the offending Guests evicted. I would gladly address this situation as well as your other concerns with my team. I can assure you that I take these things very seriously and wish to address each concern with my team members you were in contact with.

As far as my desk staff and your greeting, I cannot apologize enough. Our first impression is our only impression. I hope you don't mind but, I am going to include my contact information. If you would like to address your concerns with me I would appreciate it. It is important that I address these issues not only as a training tool for my entire team but, the individuals you were in contact with.

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced at my property. I would like to have the chance to address your concerns with you and hopefully redeem my property and/or the brand in your eyes.

My Sincerest Apolgies,
ldavis@shanercorp.com
9904) 810-9892 phone

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Have stayed here before and would stay here again if in St. Augustine overnight. Very clean, staff very helpful. Close to both historic part of St. Augustine (trolley stops there if you don't have a car) and outlets. Easy to get to off Route I-95.

1  Thank Sandra Z
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed for four nights so we could explore the area. Really pleased with the whole stay, the staff were so friendly and polite. The night manager making sure I had matches when my lighter ran out late one night. Limited choice for breakfast but nonetheless it was good. Would certainly stay again and would recommend too others. Rooms were exceptionally clean, and free coffee so staying with a four year old this hotel certainly gets it spot on. The only complaint I would have is when we checked in we were told about the swimming pool being as hot as a bath. It was way hotter I have never experienced such a hot outdoor pool, our four year old was only in for about five minutes due to how hot it was. Not really a complaint but a few degrees cooler would be nice. It was nice as we had never been to the area it was loacted just of the interstate and yet near enough to the town - about 10 minutes away.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stopped here for one night on our way to Port Canaveral for a cruise...Hotel was very clean...modern looking. Staff was simply great, very very helpful with directions and also places to eat. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank beachgoer46
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! If I had to guess (and please forgive me if I am wrong), you were traveling with your family for the Disney Cruise, correct? If I am correct, your family is a memorable one! I hope you enjoyed your cruise with your children and your grandchildren! We hope to see you again soon in the near future!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield for 2 nights and it was clean. The rooms are extremely small. The staff was friendly and they offered a good selection for breakfast.
The hotel was full due to a college volleyball tournament so it was very noisy during our stay and breakfast was wiped out by the time we were able to get into the dining area.

1  Thank collinsjcc32

I appreciate your review of the hotel! I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay. Unfortunately, the dates you stayed with us we did have a college team in house as there was a city wide event. This is no excuse for you not to be able to enjoy our breakfast. I sincerely apologize that my team did not go the extra mile to ensure you fully enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss the matter. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!
Lindsey Davis
General Manager (904)810-9892 (phone)
ldavis@shanercorp.com

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I checked in late after making reservations on Expedia. Check in was quick. Room was comfortable, nice and clean. Breakfast area was clean. Coffee was good. The location is close to the outlets if that why you come to St. Augustine. It would be far you wanted to be near the beach and the downtown.

Stayed: November 2012