“Nice hotel for the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Quad Cities IL
“Nice hotel for the price”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield for 2 nights and it was clean. The rooms are extremely small. The staff was friendly and they offered a good selection for breakfast.
The hotel was full due to a college volleyball tournament so it was very noisy during our stay and breakfast was wiped out by the time we were able to get into the dining area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank collinsjcc32
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I appreciate your review of the hotel! I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay. Unfortunately, the dates you stayed with us we did have a college team in house as there was a city wide event. This is no excuse for you not to be able to enjoy our breakfast. I sincerely apologize that my team did not go the extra mile to ensure you fully enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss the matter. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!
Lindsey Davis
General Manager (904)810-9892 (phone)
ldavis@shanercorp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I checked in late after making reservations on Expedia. Check in was quick. Room was comfortable, nice and clean. Breakfast area was clean. Coffee was good. The location is close to the outlets if that why you come to St. Augustine. It would be far you wanted to be near the beach and the downtown.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Dominique M
Jupiter
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and i have stayed at the Fairfield Inn in St. Augustine several times as a mid-way stop traveling to NC. It is conveniently located near the interstate and the outlet malls. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is good, a good value considering the price. Not inexpensive. Look for Florida coupons to get a better rate. Helpful, friendly staff. Within 5-10 minute drive of the Historical District. Close to Publix and gas stations. Overall, happy with the Fairfield. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monteray98
Thank you for your review of the hotel! It's always a good sign when you have return guests! We look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you for making the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine your hotel of choice!

Lindsey Davis
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Selected this hotel in route to Orlando. It was a surprise after a long day in the road. . Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Nice price. And great location. Rate includes breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Alhopkins
FL
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Although I always check out the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was still surprised to find that I totally agreed with all of the positive comments. I bid on this hotel via a Florida Vacations website, and you really never know what you'll get when you do that. I got a good price and, because it rained a bit of the time, we spend more time in the room than usual. The colors in the rooms are really pretty and different from most hotels. No boring beige, these colors really pop! The room was good sized and the hotel was very conveniently located to the expressway, shopping and the local attractions. The only negative comment I would have concerns the breakfast. The eating area wasn't always well stocked or well cleaned. Otherwise, it was certainly adequate. My husband accidentally left a shirt in the room and I called a week later, when we realized that we left it. They were very pleasant and organized and found it right away. They are sending it to me, and I really appreciated it. You can't go wrong with this hotel if you are visiting St Augustine!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlLuvstravel
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Fairfield Inn is great. It's new, has a great breakfast, and the staff were friendly and helpful. It's right off the freeway...Just a short drive (maybe 10 minutes) to the heart of St. Augustine. We loved it! The plan was to go to Daytona Beach for a couple days after our time in St. Augustine...by 6pm the first day in Daytona - I was ready to leave. Nothing against the place but it just wasn't our vibe. So after checking out the next morning we headed back up to St. Augustine and called the Fairfield to make sure we could stay again. Needless to say they hooked us up and we got an even better room than the first time! We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There aren't refrigerators in the standard king room you have to get a king suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NickiDudz
Ottawa Valley
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Firstly I will remind you that the address in Prime Outlet Blvd, so it's in the middle of two outlet shopping centres and very close to the Interstate. My family stayed for a two nights, we made use of the pool, ate breakfast each morning, visited the World Golf Village, played at the beach, and shopped at the centres I mentioned. While it was a little bit of a process to get to the beach, all the rest was very, very close by.
The hotel is practically an exact copy of another Fairfield Inn in which we stayed in VA, but this one seemed newer. The front desk staff was quite friendly and breakfast was average. The pool was a little small, but as we were only here for a short period of time, it was just right and not crowded for our daughter to play in. Overall I would stay again, no big problems here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family