“Nice hotel in a good location for shopping”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #33 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel in a good location for shopping”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We have stayed here before and find the location very convenient as it is next to one Outlet centre and less than a mile away from the other one. The rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious and the breakfast area was large, clean with a good selection of items, including waffles. We would say here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank carolina46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The location is not really ideal for st augustine or even local restaurants but really that is the only bad thing I can say.
The hotel is quiet, staff attentive, rooms clean, breakfast fantastic and bed super comfortable.
Being on the 95 this hotel is great for those road trip stops. I highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2011
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have stayed in St. Augustine many times on my drive to/from Disney. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn just around the corner but on this trip I decided to try this Fairfield Inn since it was brand new and I usually have a good stay at Marriott properties. I particularly like that Marriott has a no smoking policy so whenever possible, my boyfriend and I stay at Marriott properties.

The hotel is very well maintained. Very clean. Staff is very nice. Excellent location for the outlets and I-95.

So, why the Poor rating? The noise was unbelievable. I could literally hear the conversations of the people in the rooms next to and above me. Literally. There was apparently a wedding in the area and the guests were staying at the hotel. When they returned to the hotel, I got to listen to the couple next to me discuss everything that is "wrong with him." People coming in and out of the room with the door slamming each time. I could literally hear room keys being swiped. When I was in the bathroom, I could hear the conversation of the people in the room above me through the vent in the ceiling. My room was near the breakfast area so the morning was just as bad. All the morning activity and conversations of the guests.

I do not mean I heard muffled voices, as one would expect. I could hear the substance of the actual conversations. If I chose to, I probably could have participated in the conversations through the walls.

I tolerated the noise until 11p, when I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. The front desk staff was very nice and kindly told me they were sold out and there were no other rooms. I told him the bulk of the noise came from the room next to me (room 128). A few minutes later I heard the staff member knock on the door and politely advise them that they could not leave the room door ajar using the door lock as a door jam. Finally, they quieted down and I was able to get some sleep.

So, despite the excellent location, very clean room and nice staff, I will most certainly go back to the Hampton Inn around the corner where I am assured a very peaceful night. What a pity! Such a great hotel and staff. If only they had invested in some soundproofing when it was built.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank goofygirl1969
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
I would like to apologize to you for the noise level you experienced during your stay with us. I wish there was something more that we could have done. We do encourage all of our Guests to let us know as soon as possible about noise issues. I understand that hearing a guest through the wall is irritating and unfortunately, leaves the property with little resolve. We typically will enact a "three strikes" policy with our Guests when it comes to noise complaints. If by the third request they don not quiet down, we will ask them to leave as they have shown little respect for our other Guests.

I appreciate your positive comments on the property's cleanliness and the staff you encountered during your stay. Again, I do apologize for the noise level you experienced and hope that perhaps you would give us another chance in the future.

Lindsey Davis
Connecticut
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stopped here by chance for a night before visiting friends the next day in Daytona Beach. Convenient location to I-95, but a five or six mile ride in to St. Augustine, which was fine. Felt like a new property and the tront desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room, while not large, was well-appointed and modern, AC worked well and plenty of hot water in the shower. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tedtom51
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stopped here on my way to South Florida after two long days of travel. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the hotel was extraordinarily clean and the free breakfast buffet was excellent. I also had the chance to use the fitness center which was small but had up to date equipment. The only thing I would change was there were very few TV channels which was mildly annoying since I was not there to vacation just to rest in my room for the night. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I read alot of reviews prior to making this reservation as we really wanted to stay in town, but the reviews on most of those hotels were very mixed. So, we finally decided to stay outside the historic district. It ended up being a good decision!

We were warmly greeted upon entering the building. Our room was upgraded without asking, nor were we even told. It was a nice surprise when we got to the room. Our request for an upper floor away from elevator and vending areas was honored.

The room was immaculate. The bathroom was spotless, no mold or mildew anywhere! Even the coffee maker (an individual serving type) was like new. The room had a thermostat that worked, allowing us to control the temperature. The bed was very comfortable too. The only complaint was that we could occasionally hear voices from the next room. This was not a problem as our neighbors were not particularly loud. However, I could see it becoming a problem if there was a party going on next door. This is why I gave the room 4 stars instead of 5.

The staff was very helpful, providing restaurant suggestions and discount cards for the one we selected (O.C. White's).

The hotel is located off I-95 by the outlets, rather than in town. However, it's an easy 10-minute ride to the historic district. Our rate included a $25 gas gift card and two free beverages from the hotel 'market'. The room also comes with a continental breakfast; cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc. Factoring all this in, the room cost us the same as some lower quality hotels in town but was much more attractive and comfortable than they would have been.

We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 329 looked out on some woods rather than the parking lot. It's also away from the high tra...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dsb223a
Cleveland
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Saint Augustine last summer on the way to Florida. It had a great promo, with a $50 gift card being issued for an additional $35. The room was decent. The checkin was a little lengthy, but that was due to the power getting knocked out by a heavy rainstorm. The breakfast was the typical Fairfield breakfast of biscuits warmed by a microwave, but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you! I know I've said it so many times in responding to other reviews but, we enjoy hearing all of our Guest's feedback positive or negative (well, we don't REALLY enjoy the negative but, it is a great training tool!)! I enjoy sharing the stories of Guests' stays with my staff and leting them know how they have positively influenced someone's stay in beautiful St. Augustine! It's important to us that we help you enjoy your time whether sightseeing, relaxing, or just passing through! Thank you so much for your comments!

LIndsey Davis