“Clean, Comfortable, Perfect”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Clean, Comfortable, Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

The Fairfield Inn is located right off I-95, exit 318. It is right by the outlet stores. The drive was about ten minutes to downtown, which is not bad at all. I've stayed at higher end hotels and wasn't as pleased as I was with this hotel. First of all, Sara, the young college student who checked us in and out was very pleasant. I didn't personally interact with anyone else, but I over heard other guests interacting with the staff and they all seemed very friendly. The decor was awesome - very colorful. The best thing about my stay was the comfort level of the bed and pillows. Both were very soft!I feel right asleep and let me tell you that never happens! I didn't go to the pool, but it appeared to be clean. Guests receive a free breakfast - they have bagels, waffles, Jimmy Dean sandwiches, biscuits and gravy (a southern thing), fruit, muffins, and cereal to choose from. Not fancy, but satisfying to say the least. That's one meal you don't have to buy! We had two standard double beds for my family of 3, which was perfect. After all, we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel room because we were too busy filling up on the rich history of St. Augustine. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I intend on staying their again on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lutle1
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
I cannot say how much it pleases me to see the property described as "Perfect"!!! It is such a great feeling to know that my team was able to help you enjoy your time in St. Augustine! Please consider us whenever you are in the area! Let us know you are a returning Guest! I would love to meet you and make sure that we are doing everything in our power to make your stay the most "perfect" stay you'll have to date!!!

Lindsey Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Okeechobee,Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Hotel was clean and staff was courteous and helpful, be careful, only suites have a microwave and refrigerator, if that is a necessity make sure that it`s clear your room has one. The rooms are a little small, but very well designed, and include an iron, ironing board and hair dryer. The beds are extremely comfortable and there is wifi and an internet cable in the rooms. The bathrooms are designed well and shower pressure is good. The continental is very good with all the regulars plus , a Belgian waffle maker, different types of bagels and biscuits with gravy. I would suggest that during the morning rush that someone from staff stand by the waffle maker. Check out time was noon and is a nice plus for someone who needs a little extra time.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the extras. All thing are listed , make sure your room has what you need.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ErininOkeechobee
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for three nights over the Columbus holiday weekend. The hotel was not in the heart of Saint Augustine, but we rented a convertible and we were more then happy to take a drive. The ride takes less then 10 minutes to get to the historic area. If you are going to the outlets, they are across the highway. We also visited the World Golf Hall of Fame and this was in the opposite direction of the historic area so this hotel location worked for us well. The bed was soft and comfortable like we like. The room was clean. It was rather small, but it was just the two of us and we were happy with the one king bed and one chair. Our room was the first one off the elevator and we never heard a peep from another room or the hallway. The housekeeping staff kept the room clean and never bothered us early in the morning as we slept in and did not leave the room until 10sih each day. Overall this was one of the quietest hotels I have ever been in! We visited the pool one afternoon and it was clean, just rather chilly. We did not have nice weather the entire time we were there due to a tropical storm, so we only spent a few moments when it was not raining at the pool. The staff was very nice and they have a great attention to detail. The breakfast served each morning was decent with hot waffles and the usual cereal and bagels. They had breakfast sandwiches that came pre-made and they were actually pretty good. They also provided warm biscuits with gravy! We would definitely stay here again! If you need a little time to unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle of the usual tourist areas each night, as we like, then this is the place for you in Saint Augustine!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catch16a
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I try to respond to as many comments as possible whether positive or negative! We certainly appreciate the feedback and I will gladly share these reviews with my staff! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you for keeping us one of TripAdvisor's Top Rated hotels in our area!

Lindsey Davis
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I visited St Augustine for the weekend and stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites (by Marriott) for one night. St Augustine is a great place to visit, with so much to do, but this hotel is about 7 miles (15 minute drive with no traffic) from the Historic District and about 10 miles (25 minute drive) to the Amphitheatre.

Good: The hotel looks like it has been newly built. Our room was a good size and very clean. A complimentary, self-service breakfast was included with the room, which was basic but edible.

Not so good: The walls are very thin and we could hear room doors slamming, cars pulling up, people talking and a dog barking in the next room. There was a problem with the lift (elevator), but this was reported to reception. Also, the beds are too soft.

If you are looking for a clean hotel for an overnight stay, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Disney because we wanted to see a few sights in St. Augustine.

The hotel is convenient to 95, but a little further out from the historic area. It's a new hotel, so it is still clean and well kept. Our room wasn't huge, but we were just there for an overnight, so it was fine.

The front desk clerk was helpful and helped us find a place for dinner (there was a gas station fire in town, which caused huge traffic headaches going into town, so we were restricted as to where we could go).

After dinner the kids went swimming. They have a very pleasant pool area, which was a great way to relax after spending 11 hours on I-95.

The breakfast was good. I liked the breakfast sandwiches they had, and they did have fresh fruit. The breakfast room attendant was friendly and did a good job keeping the items stocked.

At $82 for the night, we found it to be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend. This is a fairly new hotel..and it's pretty nice considering the price we paid for us to stay. It was very clean and the staff were friendly. We really enjoyed the breakfast that was offered-good selection of food. The rooms were in a nice, modern decor and spacious, with flat screen tv. The only thing I didn't like was that the sheets seemed a bit too small for the king bed. We could see the mattress underneath. The location wasn't that bad at all...its only a few mins. away from downtown St. Augustine, and we had no problem finding a parking space in St. Augustine. We would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for a night on the after after a day in Savannah/Jacksonville on the way to Orlando. The suite we had was great. The bathroom was huge and the beds were comfortable. The unique layout of the room did result in restricted access to the bathroom from the king bed,if the couch was pulled out. Overall this was a beautiful new property and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family