“Great breakfast and staff!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great breakfast and staff!”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting St Augustine. The price was great for it's location, between two outlet malls and a short drive to the beaches and downtown! Breakfast was great and very accomodating for our 3 boys under age 9. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Kshema
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This was the best hotel stay we have ever had.

We stayed in the King Studio Suite, which comes with a king sized bed, fold out sofa bed, two tv's, free in-room WiFi, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The refrigerator and microwave made our stay so much more affordable. The room was exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated and the staff were very helpful and friendly. They were always willing to assist us with local attractions and sightseeing information. The bed was super comfortable and the a/c in the room worked great. The tub was a good size and very clean. I loved the pillows!

They offer free continental breakfast and the selection is pretty big. You had waffles, bagels, muffins, fruits, breakfast sandwiches, cereals, juices, milks, coffees, and on and on.

The hotel is located outside of the historic district, about 5 miles west. Just up the street from the hotel are the Premier Outlets, which are very nice. In my opinion, if you really want a good deal, drive a few miles west on SR 16 till you get to the Premium Outlets. They have great deals and allot more stores to choose from. The location makes for a great central location to pretty much anywhere in St. Augustine you may want to go. Within 10 minutes drive was the beach, the new Epic Theatre, the historic district, the outlets, supermarkets, restaurants, and more. It worked out great because we were able to take short rides to less expensive dining areas outside of the historic district that would also be more family friendly (Outback, Applebees, and so on).

i highly recommend this hotel! You will love it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the King Suite for the amenities.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kshema
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
I love to hear when people really thoroughly enjoy their stays with us! Thank you so much for sharing your stay with TripAdvisor! I will gladly share your comments with my staff. We appreciate your feedback more than you can imagine! We want to be able to provide great service to all of our Guests...these reviews help us to do that! Thank you!
Lindsey Davis-GM
USA
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here and if you are into shopping it is a Mecca. Hotel is right in amongst a large Prime Outlet Mall.
Clerk at front desk wasn't the friendliest; but accommodating. Room was spic and span, beds were ok and the breakfast basic but good.
Close to St. Augustine historical sites, which are many to visit. We had a good stay there and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flightmedicine
Heath, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed overnight while traveling to Fort Lauderdale (from Ohio) for a cruise. The rooms are clean and large, service is friendly and the morning free breakfast good. The location - right off I-95 by two outlets centers is excellent for shopping and within a short drive from St Augustine proper.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhioFranco
Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I truly am happy you enjoyed your time with us. I will share your comments with my staff as well. Furthermore, do not ever hesitate to contact us again if you are in the area. We would love to have you and your family stay again! We will do "whatever it takes!" to give you service that makes you want to return again and again! Thank you for your positive feedback!
Lindsey Davis - GM
Atlanta, ga
Reviewed March 4, 2011

This was more expensive than other places in St. Augustine, but the comfort was well worth the price. Great beds, very quiet and clean. Staff very accomodating. Free coffee in lobby and sufficient free breakfast. I enjoyed the stay here.
A short drive to downtown St. Augustine, and convenient to many restaurants. Very close to the outlets, if you're a big shopper.
I recommend you sign up for Marriotts points plan if you travel a lot- I have their credit card as well, so I get earn free rooms with x amount of points.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! I know I've said it again and again but, we truly do appreciate the feedback. What better training tool do you have but the words straight from your Guests' mouths! We look forward to your return to St. Augustine! Feel free to give us a call before you arrive and we'll be sure to do anything we can to make your stay more enjoyable!

Thanks!
Lindsey Davis - GM
Rochester, Mi
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This is the best Fairfield Inn we've stayed in. Great location right off I-95 and an easy drive to the Historic District. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, the room and bath were very large; the entire place was spotless; breakfast was plentiful and fresh; internet access was easy and quick; very quiet stay--we didn't hear; plenty of parking in a well-lit lot. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling on I-95 or visiting St. Augustine.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dayton, OH
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This is my second business stay here this month and the second was by my choice, although the first was a recommendation from a client. Very welcoming and friendly staff, very helpful but not intrusive.Spotless, pleasant, nice warm fireplace in the lobby, two computers with a printer in the business area in the lobby, very nice big flat screen tv in the lounge off the lobby where buffet breakfast is served. If, like me, you haven't a clue about the waffle iron and know this is not the time in your life to learn it, there's still fruit, muffin, bagle, different cereals, juice, etc for breakfast. And there was fresh coffee out all day and night, it seems. First stay was on first floor and room was great. Second floor was the second stay and room was still great. Nice large bath area, good sitting area and large bedroom area. Two large flat screen tv's in the room that seem to be linked so that when one is on so is the other, same channel. That was convenient. Wireless worked perfectly in the room and my computer hooked up with no problem at all. Even my iPhone hooked up to their wireless in the room. I didn't use the microwave or the coffee maker in the room (took advantage of nearby restaurants and those downtown, which was only a short drive) but the fridge was the perfect size. Lots of parking and pleasant area around the hotel. Add to that two outlet malls within a few minutes drive, over half a dozen restaurants, both fast and slow, and it's about as good as you could possible ask for. And, best of all, a great room rate too. When I travel to a new city, I always call back and tell my assistant where I want to stay in that city next time. This is an easy choice. Big thumbs up for any business stay. Frankly, this is the best Fairfield Inn I think I've been in anywhere and I've been around some. I'm checking out tomorrow and already writing a good review and hoping I get back soon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business