“Awesome food, great prices, great waitress!!!”

The Back 40 Urban Cafe
Ranked #10 of 655 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Back 40 is an hold house built in 1897. It is been a local St. Augustine favorite for years. We have a very unique offering, specializing in Tex-Mex, Caribbean, and Vegetarian offerings. We have a great patio area that is fully shaded year round and is pet friendly. We have some of the friendliest staff in Saint Augustine and very talented cooks in the kitchen. All food is made from fresh products that are delivered daily. You can tailor your meal to meet your needs. We make all of our own sauces, dressings and salsa. We do not deep fry any product except for our fresh tortilla chips. You will find our portions a great value for the price. Come experience the best St. Augustine has to offer.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You really need to eat here. It is very close to St. Augustine historic area. The parking is easy and in the back of the restaurant. The food is FANTASTIC. Everything is super fresh. We were there for the happy hour. The prices on the food and wine were really good. Our waitress Kim was great. She noticed I was not eating the taco shell and arranged for my next tacos to be "without shell" and had them add extra lettuce for low carb version. I had a reserve organic white wine that was great and very reasonable for a glass. So good that I had a second glass! My husband had 3 tacos too. We would go back again and again if we were in St. Augustine. The place was also very clean and comfortable.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great service, friendly staff, large portions of good food, outdoor seating, menu is extensive, kids menu available, daily specials

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reminded us of a local restaurant in Bar Harbor Maine. Fabulous wet burrito and quesadilla..,, great lunch or quick dinner

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place, good food, will certainly come back. We ordered the jerk chicken with the rice and beans side, very mexican.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for lunch I ordered the California Ruben with the Caribbean slaw and my husband got the pot pie. Not much meat on my Ruben and it was nothing special did not care for the dry Caribbean slaw. My husband pot pie was very plentiful but a little bland! Very cute little house converted into a lovely cottage restaurant. The salads looked really good that others around had ordered. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing!