“Great food Great Value”

The Back 40 Urban Cafe
Ranked #7 of 583 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
ToddF
“Great food Great Value”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It was my second visit and I cannot say enough about this place. It is located in a house off the beaten path which gives it incredible charm. The friendly staff great you and invite you to find a seat in one of the many rooms. The menu can accommodate anyone's palate. I am not a vegetarian but the chili is on point! I went with the curry chicken wrap and my wife had the pot pie. Both were top notch. I am looking forward to trying hard the burrito next time. It looks big enough to share. I would make it a point to go check this place out, if you can find it.

Postojna, Slovenia
“Awesome and funky”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We would never find this little restaurant without help from Trip Advisor! So thanks to all who've been rating this cute and funky little place. The food was delicious, we had tacos with scampi and salad with scampi, two beers and it was 30 $ (plus tip). The girl that served us was super friendly and nice. I recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Erykahh
United States
“Great Spot Away from Town”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We really enjoyed this quiet spot to eat dinner. The establishment is located in a neighborhood and appears to be a renovated home. The waitress was great, food was good, and the prices were unbeatable. We shared chips and salsa, an upside down chicken pot pie, and a wet burrito. The salsa was great; it just needed a little spice, which was a bottle of hot sauce on our table. The chicken pot pie was that of a puff pastry, which was nice, but the taste was a little on the bland side. The wet burrito was good. The portions there are huge, so keep that in mind when you order!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank WorldTravelers1999
Sanford, Florida
“Very good choice, especially during happy hour!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Clean cute establishment with very good fresh food. Service was very friendly and fast. Prices were extremely reasonable - $2 tacos for happy hour and they were yummy! I had the jerk chicken and avocado tacos and the only thing that would have made it superior would have been fresh homemade tortillas (and also better chips to go with the salsa). We enjoyed it and felt like it was a good value.

Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“exceptional and creative food using quality ingredients”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The food at this restaurant is exceptional. They seem to use high quality, natural local ingredients to create tasty and exciting dishes. The menu has a subtle Caribbean/Asian flair. There are an acceptable amount of dishes to choose from - I'd rather a restaurant excel at a few dishes than bomb a wide variety.
We started with Jerk Chicken Nachos - a HUGE amount for two adults and two teens 0 and they were DELICIOUS! I had a shrimp curry salad. The vegetables were fresh and well chosen, and the dressing was an amazing blend of sweet coconut milk and curry. The shrimp were well seasoned and melted in my mouth with deliciousness! My daughters both had the chicken teriyaki over brown rice - the sauce left them licking their plates! (shhh don't tell!) They picked out the cabbage, but it was so delicious I ate it! All meals offered HUGE portions for around $10-$15.
The only negative thing I can say about this restaurant is it's atmosphere. It's a house, and upon entering the front room with six booths, I was uncomfortable and felt unwelcome. There was another room farther back, but I didn't go in it. A waitress welcomed us in a few minutes and we felt more at ease. The décor is plain and there was no "mood" in the room we ate in. If the "Experience" matched the amazing food, this place would get 5 stars from me.
I can't wait to eat here again!!

• Visited April 2014