“Good vegetarian options”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

In a town with many restaurants with surprisingly bad food, this little establishment offers fresh food made from quality ingredients. I had the vegetarian wet burrito which was big enough to have shared and it was very good, not filled with rice as in most rest.

As many others have said, the location is off the beaten path, which in this town when concerning food is a good thing.

2  Thank Kaycee767

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Not the easiest place to find but worth it. In an older house and a working class neighborhood. we could choose which "room" we wanted to dine it. They all have original art and the food is original, too. We split an appetizer and our entrees to try as many different dishes as possible. The ingredients were quite good, the execution varied in its success but was always interesting. Our server was very friendly but seemed overtaxed trying to take care of all the diners. The chopped up space did not make her job easy.

2  Thank frauduck
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The back 40 has to be sought out as it is away from downtown. Located in a house it is not set up to be very hospitable as there are different rooms and no hostess to great you as you arrive. That being said the waitress was very nice and as attentive as you could expect given the layout. We started with the nachos which were flavorful and small in size to not ruin your appetite. There were some nice, healthy options on the menu. I opted for the upside down chicken pot pie and could easily have shared the meal. The chicken was far more plentiful than in a typical chicken pot pie. I enjoyed it and thought it was very tasty. Unfortunately the cheesecake was not available so we could not see what all the raves were about. Overall I thought it was a good restaurant, I would not mind returning, but don't know that I would make a special trip to do so given the amount of other options available.

2  Thank Kerry S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went there for lunch. Not the best location, but the food was still good.
It was in $8-$12 range and it was generous portions.

The food was simple, but fresh and home made.
Stuff was friendly and helpful and interior was good for pricing.

If you want fresh, good, simple and inexpensive food in relaxed environment, thats the place to go!

2  Thank Palvin
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat lunch with my husband which was off the beaten path, reasonably priced, and had something on the menu for both of us. I like exotic and unusual dishes yet my husband prefers traditional standards. We ordered the chips and salsa for appetizer and were pleased with the flavorful salsa and generous amount of chips. For my entre I got the Thai chicken and peanut salad with peanut dressing and it was delicious. My husband ordered the meatloaf sandwhich and liked it. He also got the key lime pie which he liked even better. The place is relaxed and friendly with an artsy (almost Bohemian) flare. I liked it a lot and I think my husband would agree!

2  Thank Leila W