“This is some of the best”
Review of Smokin' D's BBQ

Smokin' D's BBQ
Ranked #132 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a guy who is from Vero Beach and says he always makes a point to stop here if traveling north. There is only outdoor seating so it's perfect for taking back to your place. I had the pork, which consisted of a healthy serving of chunks of barbecued pork that was more tender than I have ever had. It also had the perfect amount of smokiness and they don't smother the meat in sauce (great sauce choices served on the side. My wife had a half rack of ribs and they too were incredibly tender and perfectly smoky. Sides consisted of coleslaw that was very well prepared-not the swimming in mayo kind-and barbecued beans that included black, kidney and navy, with bell pepper...really great! If you are in St. Augustine, you have to visit this place, the owner is a barbecue genius!!

There are newer reviews for Smokin' D's BBQ

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Smokin' D's isn't a restaurant, but a take-out BBQ joint. There's no place to eat other than the parking lot, or standing on the lawn. No real "atmosphere" but a bit of "mojo", I'd say. Order up, lay down your cash on the barrelhead, get your goods and head on out. BBQ was no-foolin', and really good the night we stopped by (and it's amazing to me how much BAD barbecue is out there....). Beef brisket, pulled pork and sides (rice and beans, slaw) all were top-notch. Sauces pretty good also. Definitely made the list!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Just got back from a business trip and didn't have time to cook dinner. So I decided to use my backup plan, Smokin'Ds BBQ.

I ordered the Yard Bird special, which comes with a whole smoked chicken, two sides and sauce. I decided on the beans and coleslaw for sides and the house special and Memphis BBQ sauce.

Took home and reheated two hours later for dinner, my says this is as good as yours or even better.

Great dinner for only $17.00.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Small carry out joint that has very good smoked turkey, pork, ribs, beef. The barbq beans are excellent with the yellow rice. My husband loved it so much we went back three days in a row. Go early because when they sell out, they are done.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stopped at Smokin' D's on my way home from a day trip to St. Augustine. This restaurant is mainly takeout and the smokers are right there. They have several sauces and I sampled all of them. I had never tasted vinegar-based BBQ. I decided I was not a fan of the vinegar sauce. The other sauces were wonderful. I tried the pork and beef and they were both very good - however I didn't feel they were exceptional. I thought their meat was a little on the dry side - maybe because it was the end of the day on a Sunday? The outdoor seating is log stumps!