“Great pirate adventure!”

Black Raven Pirate Ship
Ranked #56 of 189 things to do in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: The Black Raven was designed and built for its purpose, to be a floating performance stage. Our goal is to provide a variety of live dynamic and interactive entertainment programs for all ages. The crew’s ambition is to deliver the best live pirate show in Florida regardless the audience’s age group. The performance is rehearsed, but unscripted, allowing the pirates to improvise with the crowd. We are currently offering three different programs:1. The Adventures for all Ages.2. The Treasure Hunt3. The Club 21+ (adults only)In general, the Adventures for all Ages depart every day at 2:15 PM and 6:15 PM except during weekends (Sat & sun) when the 2:15 trip is replaced with the Treasure Hunt. The Club 21+ sails every Friday and Saturday evenings at 8:15 PM. Reservation is always recommended and, please call ahead to reconfirm the departures. Do not travel from “far away” without checking with us. Please, remember our schedule may change according to the weather.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My 5 year old son has loved pirates for as long as i can remember. My husband and i took him on a night cruise last weekend (FANTASTIC deal with Groupon) and he LOVED it. I don't think he blinked then entire trip! The pirates were authentic; they spoke with accents, dressed the part and used piratey language.My son got "sword training" and got to beat the crap out of poor JJ with a foam sword (provided by the crew). He got his face painted, was serenaded with pirate songs and saw a pirate magician. He absolutely loved it and can't wait to return (we're going to do the battle next time), I would HIGHLY recommend this. Fun for the entire family!

2  Thank NikkiCinJax
There are newer reviews for Black Raven Pirate Ship

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am very into everything pirate, so when I first heard about this ship, I jumped at the chance to go. I was expecting a realistic pirate ship with a crew who would tell us the history of pirates and how they spent there days. Instead, you spend a ton of money on a couple creepy pirate impersonators who sing nonsense songs and pass around a rope instead of actually showing us what chores pirates would do. I would never ever do this again

4  Thank ashenmambo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went to St. Augustine for my son's 6th birthday. As a capstone, we went aboard this pirate cruise. My son had a really good time relative to the other things we did in St. Augustine. My only complaint with the pirate cruise was that if you sit on the top rafters the pirates do not interact with you at all.

3  Thank khaleesi42
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went for the Adult cruise on a cool night, myself and a friend, and there were only about 8 other people with us. My impression is that the cruise might be a blast with a big group--as an after-work thing, or a birthday party, or a bachelorette party sort of thing. It just didn't meet "critical mass" to make a night of wild fun. The crew did their jobs, and while it sometimes felt they were mailing it in because they knew their tips would be small, they sang their sea shanties with vigor. Primarily, that was the program: a little bit of role-playing of piratical language, but mostly singing of (apparently authentic) sea shanties and some attempt to involve the passengers. In our case, that wasn't easy because we were cold and bundled up. I have a hunch on a warm night later in the season--when there still would be light on the sea and the view might be terrific--this could be a more pleasant event.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We traveled from Buffalo to St. Augustine for my Sister-in-Laws wedding at The Whiteroom with our 4 children. We researched the area ahead of time and the kids asked to watch the pirate videos on Black Raven's website nearly every day while waiting for the trip. We talked 12 more members on top of our 6 into coming with us on 10-6-12 as it would be a great time. We were all waiting in line to board and I was snapping pictures of everything when the pirate lady turned around and rudely snapped at me that I was not allowed to take pictures after paying all of that money of my family boarding the ship! I was flabbergasted and none of the other pirates said anything. I'm sure her camera was of a much higher quality than ours and would have in no way affected our decision to buy her photos with logo. We found seats on the ship just as it was beginning to rain. A few minutes after they took off, it started to pour like crazy. There was thunder and lightening and people were asking to be taken back. The pirates had to tarp off the bar area were were were squished into and getting soaked from the windows. We could not see anything even though we had been looking forward to the views. The show came across as really cheesey as the pirates were not really into it while getting soaked and smushed. At the end, the rain stopped and the treasure was brought aboard the ship for the kids. We were under the impresssion that they would get to help dig it up. We get off the ship and complained to the manager where he said that there was nothing he could do as they had no control over the weather. A free picture for each family might have appeased the angry families but the workers were unfriendly and unhospitable. I think Black Raven needs to realize how much the families are looking forward to this adventure and reschedule for a little later if it is obvious that the rain is coming. Instead of this being a great experience, it was one of our worst in St. Augustine!

15  Thank Kurtis D