“Good Food But Not Great. Beautiful View.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aunt Kate's

Aunt Kate's
Ranked #62 of 572 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good Food But Not Great. Beautiful View.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for the 1st time. Sat on the deck overlooking the water. I love water so to me its a beautiful view. The calamari appetizer was OK. I would not suggest the bacon wrapped oyster appetizer (the name escapes me). We actually cut one in half to see if there was actually an oyster in there. They have fish tacos on the menu but I requested shrimp instead. It was good though I felt it was loaded with cheese to cover for the small shrimp. I would still eat here again.

• Visited August 2013

Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Above average to good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited here and enjoyed the atmosphere and food.

While I would consider the both to be good; the food could stand to be a little better.

We would definatly visit again when we're in the area

• Visited July 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good entrees - improvement needed on sides”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I quite literally live within walking distance of Aunt Kate's and have visited the restaurant on several locations.

The good: I think the view outside is lovely (weather permitting your ability to sit outside to eat) and certainly a plus. If you order from their daily specials menu you usually end up with a good meal. Overall the entrees there (except the "crab cakes", which taste like salmon patties) are pretty tasty. I also find the pumpkin bread and Johnny cakes in the bread basket to be really good. Finally, they have a nice wine list considering the type if restaurant this is (sort of a southern-fish camp feel).

The bad: First I will mention that the side dishes are very disappointing. They usually taste bland and lack any substance. I do feel this is a huge issue with Aunt Kate's and something they seriously need to work on. Finally, the wait staff is give or take. You honestly never know if you will be lucky enough to have a good server or a nightmare server. This is sort of a crap-shoot.

As a whole, Aunt Kate's is one of those restaurants that could be so much more with the proper leadership and vision.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AFinchMom
Jacksonville, Florida
“Only good thing is they are on the water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have visited Kate's a number of times because they have steamed oysters. We nolonger go here to eat oysters because they are always muddy. I will say their beer is cold.Nice sunsets over looking the water. Food is so so at best.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The food at this restaurant was delicious. The atmosphere was great! The outdoor musician was great entertainment.

Visited August 2013