“Always a pleasant experience !”

Casa Maya Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 589 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cozy house-turned-restaurant dispatching upmarket Latin dishes inside or on its patio & terrace.
Lake Wales, Florida
“Always a pleasant experience !”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We always try to eat here when we are in Saint Augustine and enjoyed the meal and the service this last visit. We were able to eat in the courtyard ( it is dog friendly and we had our dog , that laid in the shade beneath our table ). The service was excellent and water was brought to our table for our dog. You will enjoy!

“Great Service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our services was excellant with our large group Friday night. The food was prepared as ordered and came out all together and hot. I will be back on my next visit in town!

Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Relaxing outdoor luncheon - several vegetarian options”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Sat outside on a beautiful Spring day with my son & husband. Staff was helpful and attentive. The guacamole was very fresh and chunky. Perhaps slightly under seasoned; but that may be a matter of preference. I'd rather add salt than get something salty.
Red Sangria was made with hibiscus tea and muddled berries. Refreshing and tasty. My husband had the Huanic with pulled pork and plantains. He liked the contrast of flavors; but again needed just a pinch more salt to balance. I had the veggie burrito. Huge and filling for me and my boy. The veggies were fresh and still had good firmness.
We would go back. Several options for vegetarians.

Charlotte, NC
“Much better in the area....”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I don't understand the rave reviews. For the price, this place is should be much better. First, the menu online lists prices much cheaper than what is on their menu. Also, no hard liquor. We were wanting a good margarita but not happening here. Only beer and wine. We ordered the fresh made guacamole and that was bland, a small side of salsa was extra. I'm vegan and ordered the vegetable burrito which stated it came with 'dressing'. I asked our waiter what that was exactly and he said it was a side of lettuce and tomatoes. Ok fine. Husband ordered Mexican Carnitas, which is pork. Our food arrived and all that was on my plate was a large burrito with no extras of lettuce or tomato. It also had very little vegetables, mostly rice and beans. Disappointing. My husband got the carne asada which is steak and not what he ordered. The waiter said he would take it back but we didn't have time for a re-do and my husband said he would just eat it because we didn't have time to wait. When we got our bill the waiter charged us for the carne asada, which was more expensive then the dish my husband ordered. On top of that the sangrias were more expensive than what was on the menu. For $60 I should have walked away very satisfied. There are other Mexican restaurants in the area that are much better. Save some money and go there.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Mexican breakfast without the stomach ache”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had read about Casa Maya before our trip to St. Augustine and made sure to try it before we headed out on our way down to Cocoa Beach. My experience with Mexican breakfast is it can often have your stomach in a knot but Casa Maya's was flavourful, fresh, easy on the tummy and relatively inexpensive.

The breakfast sandwiches and skirt steak breakfast were very tasty and the service was prompt and friendly.

Having visited earlier in the morning, the outdoor courtyard seating all to ourselves was a treat.

Definitely recommend a visit here for breakfast but unfortunately can't comment on other meals of the day.

• Visited April 2014