“Wonderful and authentic”

Casa Maya Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy house-turned-restaurant dispatching upmarket Latin dishes inside or on its patio & terrace.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful and authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Best guacamole around, food is delicious and fresh. Family owned and operated, friendly service. Mole sauce is superb!

Visited March 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We had the pakal shrimp and grouper. Both entrees were very yummy! I also had the white sangria and loved it, perfectly sweet. Chips and salsa was also good.

Miami, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great service, very nice atmosphere and beautiful courtyard. Apocalypto sandwich delicious! Definetly recomend this place!

• Visited March 2014
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We ate here at the prompting of people we met at the Inn we were staying. We went there for lunch. Sebastian was our waiter, and though we were just one of maybe 4-5 tables (with another waiter) he seemed disinterested in bringing our drink refills or other things we asked for. He just wasn't in a hurry. The food tasted ok, but for the price and service I don't think I would go back; however my husband said he would definitely go back. He ordered fish tacos and said they were some of the best he's ever eaten.... so it's a mixed experience; that's why I was only able to give 3 stars.

St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ANTS in pancake syrup”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Casa Maya for over 5 years and always recommend family, friends, and strangers to eat there. I was very disappointed and embarrassed when I brought my friend and her two kids there for their first time and we find ANTS in everyones pancakes! We started off with the waitress getting the pancake orders wrong & not bringing out the correct amount of pancakes for the kids then we realized the ANTS were in the syrup. Unfortunately realizing this after pouring it on all three of the kids pancakes! The waitress was apologetic, reordered the pancakes only to give us half of what we ordered making us short on pancakes for the kids AGAIN. Then when I ask the female manager/owner,Carla, with curly hair to remove at least one of the three orders of the pancakes because of the disgusting ANT invasion she rudely refused. Needless to say I won't recommend anyone there nor will I eat there again. GOOD waiters and waitresses know to expedite a kids meal/order during any dining experience and any good owner should know to check the quality of their food prior to handing it to customers. Casa Maya's customer service was horrible because of Carla and I know it would've been completely different if the male owner was there, he is always very friendly and diligent. I am Very disappointed! I seem to always have a bad experience when she is there. She has a very bad attitude and should consider a different line of work.

Visited March 2014