“Great lunch!!!”

Casa Maya Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cozy house-turned-restaurant dispatching upmarket Latin dishes inside or on its patio & terrace.
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. We started with the Lentil and the Mayan soup and they were delicious. Armanda was very attentive and courteous. Some had the Mayan wraps and others tried the soft steak tacos and we all agreed that we made good choices. We definitely recommend this restaurant and will try to come back in our next trip to St. Augustine.

There are newer reviews for Casa Maya Restaurant

Reviewed December 24, 2013

The pitcher of Sangria was delicious and I loved how they put the fruit in the bottom of the glass. However, the food itself was nothing special. I had what was supposed to be a grouper filet...only it wasn't a filet, it was more like a chunk of fish and actually had some gristle and tendons that were difficult too cut. A filet is supposed to be flaky. This was served over rice and asparagus. The sauce on the rice was a creamed corn sauce and very good, but the rice and the fish itself were bland with no seasoning apparent. My daughter had some kind of pulled pork, which seemed okay, but again was rather bland. The fried plantains were excellent. Our waitress was friendly enough, but did not ask us if we wanted coffee or dessert; just brought the check.

There are plenty of other restaurants in St Augustine. I think this place needs to try harder if they want to be competitive.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We ate on the back porch and it was a very nice place to eat with a nice breeze and shade. The food was great. Our daughter had a chicken quesadilla which she ate in what seemed like a couple minutes and she said it was the best. My wife had some steak tacos that looked amazing and I had a veggie burger that was terrific but fell apart as I ate it.

We had found this place as we were at the fort and it was nearby. We were able to get right in. Our server was very friendly but I don't recall her name.

Thanks!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The dinner was very good, Mahi with mango was delicious, my husband had a pork dish very very good. Dinner with chips and salsa, two beers and wine $65. Very reasonable and the service was great.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Still great after all these years. They've moved to a new location across the street from their old place but the food is still top notch. Our grandson lover them the pancakes as much or more than we did. We might try to come back for dinner, which we loved the last time we were in town.

The new location is very nice....seating on front verandah, indoors and the large outdoor patio. An extensive renovation was done over this past summer before opening. Do yourself a favor and check them out. You won't be sorry.