“Beautiful restaurant, food and service just OK.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Maya Restaurant

Casa Maya Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 571 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy house-turned-restaurant dispatching upmarket Latin dishes inside or on its patio & terrace.
Lake City, Fl
“Beautiful restaurant, food and service just OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I went to this restaurant for dinner on September 12th, 2012. I had just arrived in St Augustine a few hours before hand and I was hungry and decided to have an early dinner, I was seated on 1 of the 2 balconies over looking Hypolita Street . There was a very nice breeze and a great view. I love to eat outside so I was in heaven.
Now on to the service and food. My server did not seem to know the menu. To start with I am a self proclaimed Ice Tea snob. I am extreamly picky about iced tea. When you go to most restaurants and order sweet tea, but they only serve un-sweetened tea, they will tell you that upfront . That did not happen here. I was brought my then informed that you have to sweeten it at the table.
I ordered guacamole as my starter The guacamole was very good, but was served with store bought chips. When you are spending 7.50 for your started you expect that they chips would be made in house.
When I had place my ordered, I was asked if I wanted corn or flour tortillias. When my entree arrived, it was placed in front of me and she dissapeared. When She finally came back out to check on my I asked her about the tortillas and she stated she had thought they came with the carne asada but was wrong, she did offer to get me some but I declined.

Visited September 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent for breakfast or lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We love this cafe which has unusual breakfast and lunch offerings. Everything we've tried is excellent. The service is friendly and prompt. They have recently moved across the street from their old location.

Visited September 2012
Mount Kisco, New York
“Our favorite Saint Augustine Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We visit St. Augustine at 3 to 5 times a year. My husband and I go to Casa Maya at the minimum 3 times during a week's stay. The breakfast is amazing. The apocolypto sandwich and the poblano eggs are usually what we order, with a side of quacomole, it is so good that we don't care it is breakfast. Everything is so fresh. They just opened up their new location across the street which is very large so there won't be as much trouble getting a table anymore. They just started serving dinner and it was another great meal. I had a wrap filled with steak for lunch one day and it was the best wrap I have ever had, no joke. The family who owns Casa Maya are very involved at the restaurant and pleasant. If you have a special request they always try to please you. We always recommend Casa Maya when people ask where to eat. Keep in mind this is not a Mexican restaurant (which is a common misconception) which is why we love it.

• Visited September 2012
Merritt Island, Florida
“Fresh & flavorful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Shreded pork 'mayan'.. subtle tastes that exploded with flavor. Fantastic guacamole with fresh everything
Attentive service. We only had lunch, wish we had time for dinner.

Visited August 2012
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Mmm mmmm good...No, mmm, mmm GREAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I love Spanish, Mexican, Central American Carribbean, etc foods. Our hosts at Carriage Way B&B said this was their favorite restaurant, so we had to try it...and it was terrific! One of us had fish, one had pork, one had chicken..and they were
all amazing. If you like hot sauce, ask for their special habanero sauce...it is really, really good (and hot!). The Sangria was just so-so...go for a beer if you are thirsty!

Visited August 2012