“Dinner at C6”
Review of Cellar 6

Cellar 6
Reserve with OpenTable
Cellar 6 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 655 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Created after the California Wine Bar trend back in 2008, our quaint family owned and operated restaurant serves St. Augustine’s only Urban Cuisine in a casual upscale environment. We started out as a cozy wine bar serving tapas to compliment the wine featuring local artists artwork displayed on our walls. Based on customers overwhelming response we evolved to be a full-service restaurant and bar. Original pieces of wood from a 100-year-old barn in Maryland trim the bar, entryway, and hallway keeping with the old-world feel of St. Augustine. Guests also enjoy the contemporary aspects of Cellar 6 including touches of modern lighting, chalkboard art work, and furnishings. It is our goal at Cellar 6 to provide an inviting environment to enjoy dinner and conversations with those important to you with excellent service. Cellar 6 attracts the young and old, locals and tourists. The restaurant in open daily at 4:30 pm for dinner.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We started out late afternoon with drinks at the bar and decided to dine there later. Food was very good, but a bit pricey. Became crowded after 7:30.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,653)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have you ever been to an upscale restaurant where you got the feeling the entire staff do their damnedest to deliver a first-rate dining experience? We have found restaurants like that in St. Augustine (Llama, serving Peruvian cuisine on Anastasia Island, comes to mind), but Cellar 6 is not one of them. The setting on a narrow old street just off the plaza has a lot of charm. Horses pulling carriages occasionally clop by. As for the food, my caprese salad was delicious and beautiful. Ditto our steak and chicken entrees. The chef deserves high compliments. On the other hand, the front-line staff seemed to be just doing their jobs. Some drinking patrons were loudly toasting the restaurant's new owners and generally yucking it up -- as opposed to letting other patrons dine in peace. Our bill for two, with drinks and tip, was a little over $100. We might come back sometime, more likely not.

1  Thank smallisbeautiful
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I highly recommend Cellar 6 to anyone looking for a well-priced restaurant offering great food served in a lovely atmosphere served by an attentive staff.

We were a 2-couple party who went there looking for a quiet, delicious, unpretentious place that had a good word-of-mouth reputation, was convenient, offering a full bar as well as generous wine selection and took reservations.

We hit pay-dirt. Cellar 6 is under new ownership, so, frankly, if you read "old" reviews, you may be limiting yourself if you zero in on them.

Our server, Josh, was wonderful. He recommended one of the flatbreads (goat cheese) for an appetizer and WOOSH! It was gone before you know it! I can't tell you too much about a wide variety of entrees, because three of us ordered the shrimp and grits. What I can tell you is that they were FANTASTIC. The shrimp were succulent and the grits were creamy. All-in-all, this was a well-seasoned entree that we will order again on our next visit. I ordered the burger... partly because I was craving meat, but also because I'm a sucker for pretzel buns. I ordered it rare with crispy fries and it came out RARE and CRISPY FRIES. Imagine! Why can't every place do that?

No dessert for us, as we were well-fed and practically rolling out of the place.

One other note... we'd asked to meet the new owner, John, who spent time with us. When asked what he was doing different from previous owners, he mentioned the mashed potatoes... Well, neither of the two ladies at our table had ever met a potato they didn't like, and John brought them out a complimentary portion. (Remember the scene in 'When Harry met Sally'? You get the idea.) I *think* they were delicious, but I wasn't allowed a taste.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We made a reservation for a table outside for 8pm. We arrived at exactly 8pm but all the tables outside were full. I checked in with the host and got a drink at the bar. 15 to 20 minutes later we were still waiting. When I checked with the host again, he told me that the outside tables are first come first serve. I asked why would I make a reservation if that is the case. He just shrugged his shoulders and said I don't know. We did not stay but we did over hear other customers saying they were out of A1 sauce and sour cream and it took a very long time to get their food.

4  Thank MidnightLace
John M, Owner at Cellar 6, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for letting us know about your subpar experience. This is definitely not the way to speak to any of our guests, reservations or not. Do you remember what day this was so I can continue to coach and train my staff on their verbiage and how to make our guests feel more welcome? Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to St Augustine for our anniversary for years. This year we tried Cellar6 and were blown away by their steaks and scallops. The best in St Augustine. I would have taken a picture but I ate it all too fast.

John M, Owner at Cellar 6, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the glowing comments Ben! So happy you had an amazing experience. Please let us know next time you are in the restaurant.