“Excellent food and live music”
Review of Cellar 6

Cellar 6
Reserve with OpenTable
Cellar 6 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 602 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Created after the California Wine Bar trend back in 2008, our quaint family owned and operated restaurant serves St. Augustine’s only Urban Cuisine in a casual upscale environment. We started out as a cozy wine bar serving tapas to compliment the wine featuring local artists artwork displayed on our walls. Based on customers overwhelming response we evolved to be a full-service restaurant and bar. Original pieces of wood from a 100-year-old barn in Maryland trim the bar, entryway, and hallway keeping with the old-world feel of St. Augustine. Guests also enjoy the contemporary aspects of Cellar 6 including touches of modern lighting, chalkboard art work, and furnishings. It is our goal at Cellar 6 to provide an inviting environment to enjoy dinner and conversations with those important to you with excellent service. Cellar 6 attracts the young and old, locals and tourists. The restaurant in open daily at 4:30 pm for dinner.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went for dinner one night, which was excellent. We could not stay for the live music, so we went back the next night for drinks. The musician was outstanding. He asked for requests and played to the crowd. We loved every minute.

1  Thank Russell K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,419)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We happened by on the sidewalk, and the chef was across the street. He walked over to offer some assistance and told us of the nightly specials and asked us to return. We did return for happy hour and had some great martinis. The bar tender was attentive and pleasant (Carleigh). We decided we would return for dinner,later the same evening. We were cordially welcomed by the manager. We ordered the mahi mahi and asked if the chef could substitute the thai chili sauce on this dish instead of the swordfish, and it was not a problem. My husband ordered the pan seared scallops which were amazing. Both of our dishes had vegetables, but a completely different recipe. The plates were truly prepared to order. They also had a wine special at $10 off per bottle. We also enjoyed the entertainment. An acoustic guitar player who was well suited to the restaurant. The restaurant is small and intimate. The sidewalk service seemed to be very popular as well. The decision was a no brainier to return the second night while in St Augustine. We had drinks once again and appetizers. The seared ahi tuna was amazing. One of the best presentations ever on a bed of calamari and sea weed salad. The other appetizer was crab artichoke dip with fresh toasted pita chips. Both out of this world. Needless to say we will return when we visit St. Augustine again. The only problem I have is they are not in my hometown.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food and service was so good, that we had to return the next day for another meal, and once again, we were very pleased! Will definitely dine here again on our next vacation to St. Augustine!

1  Thank Denise S
Cellar S, Public Relations Manager at Cellar 6, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Come back for thirds! We always have something new to try. New daily happy hour specials start June 10 and will blow you away. See you soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

As a Jax resident I have so much too choose from but when going to St. Augustine with some friends to Cellar 6, I was blown away upon entering that a small little place in an old city had so much to offer. The staff was a 10 and in uniform seating us right away. I understand we were fortunate to be strolling the streets early enough that we had a table to sit at as they were booked after 7 on this Saturday night. A+ wine list, nice offering of martinis, so many varieties of liquor to choose from stacked behind the bar, all should be satisfied in the drink department. Food menu entailed many appetizers, dinners, flatbreads, burgers and salads- a little something for everyone's palate. I enjoyed the house chips and onion dip to start (so addicting) as well as the Chef's Special, Grilled Swordfish over risotto and asparagus. Wow, they had to have caught that fish on the boat that afternoon- it was mouth watering fresh!!!!!! Being I was with a few others, we were offered $10 off each bottle of wine being we were all ordering dinner specials. This definitely kept us in for the night to really have a good time and see what a great hot spot this is with what seemed to be locals and tourist. Live music starting a little after 9 and a crowd of people to enjoy a night out with. Manager and even the owner was on point and attentive to customer needs and just to meet and greet. I will be back and look forward to enjoying Cellar 6 and St. Augustine more often. I finished the night with an espresso pudding shot, among other drinks! Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family took me out for Mothers Day and Cellar 6 did not disappoint. I was given a rose and greeted by a member of the friendly staff. The sangria was fabulous and our Bartender Ryan was a delight and accommodating. We enjoyed dinner outside as the street side tables are charming.. Our server was lovely and knowledgeable. Dinner was delicious. Thanks to my family and Cellar 6 for making me feel like a Queen.