“Fantastic Food!!! Wonderful Service. Hot new cocktails!!!”
Review of Cellar 6

Cellar 6
Reserve with OpenTable
Cellar 6 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Created after the California Wine Bar trend back in 2008, our quaint family owned and operated restaurant serves St. Augustine’s only Urban Cuisine in a casual upscale environment. We started out as a cozy wine bar serving tapas to compliment the wine featuring local artists artwork displayed on our walls. Based on customers overwhelming response we evolved to be a full-service restaurant and bar. Original pieces of wood from a 100-year-old barn in Maryland trim the bar, entryway, and hallway keeping with the old-world feel of St. Augustine. Guests also enjoy the contemporary aspects of Cellar 6 including touches of modern lighting, chalkboard art work, and furnishings. It is our goal at Cellar 6 to provide an inviting environment to enjoy dinner and conversations with those important to you with excellent service. Cellar 6 attracts the young and old, locals and tourists. The restaurant in open daily at 4:30 pm for dinner.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We visit the oldest city in the nation this week and had the opportunity to eat at a fantastic restaurant on the oldest street in the nation. Wonderful food, great service & great cocktails. We are a bit into mixology, so the Absolut Cocktails & fresh Sangrias were a treat. Great live music! Must check it out!

1  Thank UpperPeninsulaMSU
There are newer reviews for Cellar 6

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I had our first adventure to Cellar 2 two weeks ago! I have never ventured down Aviles Street. He really wanted to try the food out. When we entered the street, I saw the people dining outside, and genuinely having a great time. We were sat at the bar, seeing that we did not call ahead for reservations. Now, I know why there were so many tables reserved! I ordered the filet, and wondered why I didn't get a steak knife with it. Now I know why! I was able to cut it with my butter knife, even my fork if I wanted to! It was amazing. I work downtown as well, and I now refer all of my customers to this restaurant! If you just want to go in for a cocktail...ask for Nana! She was so kind and helpful with all of my questions about the menu. If you are visiting, or even a local, please, give this place a try. You will not be dissapointed!!!

3  Thank Karen L
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Spent a few days in St. Augustine for a romantic getaway to celebrate 4 years together. Based upon reviews here and the recommendation of a couple we met at our B&B, we walked to Cellar 6 for an early (6pm) dinner. Cellar 6 is located just down a side street from the center of town. On the walk over we enjoyed the holiday lights which were still on display throughout the downtown area. Along Aviles St. In front of the row of restaurants were gas heat lamps that looked beautiful while providing warmth as the sun retreated. The restaurant is very modern looking with the primary impression being that of an modernistic wine bar. We sat inside at a high table which was shrouded from the next tables by cloth dividers. It presented a sense of privacy while still being able to vies the happenings in the locale. I'm not sure whether to describe the place as a wine bar with dinner, or a nice restaurant with a impressive bar and wine selection. In any case, I had the short ribs which, without question, the beat I have had in a restaurant. The brown sauce was also remarkable. My SO had the scallops which was also beautifully prepared. While I tasted them and thought it good, it is not something I would order, so I will rely on my companion who indicated they were superb. Overall, this was a wonderful experience and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic dinner out in St. Augustine

3  Thank leavingocalaagain
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Located just south of the central plaza on historic Aviles Street, there is a small row of restaurants - Cellar 6 is in the middle of them. With a few outdoor tables and a dark atmospheric interior, this restaurant delivered at every level. The outside has artful gas burners that create a wonderful light and ambiance. The inside offers different seating options, from low sofas to high tables. Clever menus that are back lit make a nice touch in the dark light.

Several specials were offered, but I started with the seared ahi small plate (the Aviles Ahi Tuna $17.94) - a correct portion size for a starter. It was excellently prepared and was clearly fresh (not frozen defrosted as so many places now do) which warranted the price. My starter was the grouper special - locally caught, prepared with a few small sides and presented elegantly ($28). For dessert, I chose the creme brulee ($6.99). A reasonable variety of wines by the glass are available (though no Port or traditional dessert wines were offered) - the Iron Horse Chardonnay from Napa was $12 per glass. The wine glasses were correct for the wine type and tastefully adorned with their logo. A full bar is available. The inside bar has a great vibe to it.

Service was excellent - both friendly and prompt, though not rushed. I would strongly recommend this restaurant for locals and visitors alike. While with drinks and three courses you may spend up to $90 per head, more affordable alternatives were offered. Though the clear quality of the food is in alignment with prices.

I was dining solo, as was another patron that evening. I would feel comfortable recommending this to any solo diner.

2  Thank LondonUnveiled
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Being blessed enough to live in St Augustine for several years (2005-2011) I have had the pleasure of visiting Cellar 6 many times over. I have seen not only the transformations that Cellar 6 has done with their own establishment but the profound positive impact they have had on the VERY historic Aviles Street...which has become a MUST street to stroll both during the day and evening solely due to Cellar 6 and the life they put into the area.

With the atmosphere, music, wine list, and HOT staff in place...what's next? Well......once again....Cellar 6 steps it up. Having spent the last 11 months in Hawaii, Ahi Tuna was the last thing i was going to order while dining in Florida. I mean get real....There is fresh Ahi tuna on every corner in paradise. I consume 3 x poke bowls a week. So my standards are beyond heightened.

Only in St Aug for 1 night and ended up going to Cellar 6 with a few friends as usual. Wanted to see the talented Preston play acoustic jams and check out the new staff. :) We ordered a few apps, someone slid in some Ahi under my radar. I was pleasantly BLOWN away with the new seared ahi tuna on the menu. Not only was the Ahi seared to perfection but the bonus seafood salad underneath added a very delightful treat. We ordered 2 more before we left.

Many mahalos to Cellar 6 for the ono grinds.... a hui hou!!!

2  Thank 007Aloha