“Luxury without all the fuss -Courtyard Marriott I-95”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I enjoy Marriott. The beds and pillows are reliably comfortable. The rooms include a microwave and refrigerator which saves you time when you are in a hurry to go see sights. I would rather pay a few extra dollars and stay at a Marriott then any other hotel because I know the room is comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: My only requirement is away from the elevators. Once I close the door I don't hear any other no...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! Our staff prides ourselves in delivering the best customer service in all areas of the hotel and it's wonderful when we see our guests enjoy their time while staying with us. We hope to see you again sometime if your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I was not sure on what to expect bc when I first called to get info on the hotel to possibly make a reserv the front desk was not 2 friendly nor informative so made reserv through expedia in were they were happy to answer all of my questions and doubts. Over all after getting there and checking in we were very happy and pleased with what we saw and how we were treated. Room was very very clean. Nice deco and accomodations. Bed was super comfy and amenities worked great too. This weekend meant allot 2 us due to that it was our first yr wedding anniversary. We would definitely go back! Really liked this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear that a team member of ours did not deliever the level of service you would expect the first time you called. Am am very pleased to see that once you arrived you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff service was on par. We hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in St. Augustine.

Congratulations on your 1st Anniversary!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in the latter part of September of this year. Absolutely one of the friendliest places I have ever stayed. The staff was more than accomodating. Very professional and everyone was always smiling. They madde me feel like an old friend that had come to stay. The rooms wer immaculate and anything extra that I wanted like towels, coffee, etc was brought to my room with the utmost speed. I was really made to feel important. When I return to the St. Augustine area I would not consider staying anywhere else. Big thumbs up to the staff of this Marriott Courtyard. They set the standard other hotels should learn and follow !!! Thank You !!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the center will give you quicker access to the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! We'll be glad to have you stay with us again whenever you are back in the St. Augustine area!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this property based on great reviews from Tripadvisor and I was quite impressed! To begin with, during my reservation I requested an early check-in at 1:00pm instead of the standard 3:00pm. Upon arrival, I was accomodated! The check-in was quick and inviting. The property was clean and modern. The hallways and rooms are very trendy in style and decor. My only wish was that the comforter was thin, and did not have that thick, luxurious feel. The King room on the top floor was incredibly spacious and felt like a Junior Suite, as it had very high ceilings, a sofa bed, center table, full size desk, and all the amenities of home. Actually! It had more amenities than home! Lol! With only a one night stay, and after a wonderful and romantic day spent in St. Augustine with my Bride-To-Be, I requested a late check out for the following day. The late check-out was extended until 2:00pm from the normal 12:00pm. The location is right off of I-95, and a very short drive from downtown St. Augustine! As I prepayed for my breakfast in advance, I only wish a credit or delivery to room could have been made, so as not to forfeit the meal or its cost. That aside, the stay was well worth the price and much better than the attention to detail lacking accomodations of downtown St. Augustine. If not staying at a Bed and Breakfast, than this Courtyard Property should be strongly considered for your restful place to end the night after a visit to historic St. Augustine!

• Stayed: October 2013
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! Congratulations on your engagement!

I apologize for the included breakfast issue. If you booked your reservation through a third party website, it is prepaid, and we cannot issue a refund for unused credit on the breakfast. If you booked through us directly, we should have been about to adjust your rate back to the regular rate if you were not going to have breakfast one morning. I apologize again if this was not the case. We can always change the rate, but the certificate itself has no cash value and is non-transferrable. Please feel free to contact me so that I may research this situation for you and resolve it to your satisfaction.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a very fine property. Well appointed rooms. Very helpful staff. Pool, hot tub, refrigerator, microwave. Extremely clean. Good soundproofing.

Bed was a little soft but slept well anyway.

Since this is a Courtyard, there is no complimentary breakfast of any kind - but come on, no coffee ! Perhaps we are a little spoiled by the lodgings on our way down through Florida, but lesser priced chains offer this little amenity. The minor annoyance over this was strengthened by the very obvious placed that is designated for it in the lobby - now covered with travel brochures - there is a coffee cup on the wall and a hole cut into the counter for trash.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your overall stay. I apologize for the coffee situation in the lobby. Courtyards used to provide lobby coffee (hence the old coffee station), but have since discontinued it. We offer Starbucks coffee for sale in the Bistro, but still provide complimentary coffee in our guest rooms, and can provide extra packets of coffee if needed. Other Marriott hotels still do have lobby coffee in the morning such as Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Townplace Suites, and Residence Inn as they do not have a full service restaurant like Courtyard hotels.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. We hope to have you return if you are back in the St. Augustine area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not usually a Courtyard fan, though I typically stay at a Marriott, but I have to say I loved this hotel. We were at the hotel for 6 days. The staff was warm and friendly. The hotel was incredibley clean! During the 6 days we were there, we say the courtyard power washed twice. Also, when walking by rooms that were being cleaned we say furniture and windows being wiped down. Our room was spotless. Not dust around the edges of the walls or windows like you see in a lot of hotels. Linen on bed actually smelled fresh! The hotel is away from the big crowds but close to downtown and the outlets. Will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Smickens

Thank you for your kinds words regarding your stay! I will be sure to share your experience with our housekeeping staff. They work very hard to provide the level of cleanliness anyone should expect from a top notch hotel, and are very happy to see guests satisfied with their service. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you return to the St. Augustine area!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious. Hotel is 5-7 minute drive from downtown. No restaurants close except for downtown. Very quiet. Only complaint..all 5 pillows were very "flat" and gave both of us stiff necks. They should have different options amoung them to choose from. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the information regarding the pillows along to my exectutive housekeeper. Each room should have a combination of hypo-allergenic foam pillows, and down feather pillows. I apologize if this was not the case.

We hope to have you stay with us again should you be back in the St. Augustine area.