“Outstanding !!”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in the latter part of September of this year. Absolutely one of the friendliest places I have ever stayed. The staff was more than accomodating. Very professional and everyone was always smiling. They madde me feel like an old friend that had come to stay. The rooms wer immaculate and anything extra that I wanted like towels, coffee, etc was brought to my room with the utmost speed. I was really made to feel important. When I return to the St. Augustine area I would not consider staying anywhere else. Big thumbs up to the staff of this Marriott Courtyard. They set the standard other hotels should learn and follow !!! Thank You !!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the center will give you quicker access to the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! We'll be glad to have you stay with us again whenever you are back in the St. Augustine area!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this property based on great reviews from Tripadvisor and I was quite impressed! To begin with, during my reservation I requested an early check-in at 1:00pm instead of the standard 3:00pm. Upon arrival, I was accomodated! The check-in was quick and inviting. The property was clean and modern. The hallways and rooms are very trendy in style and decor. My only wish was that the comforter was thin, and did not have that thick, luxurious feel. The King room on the top floor was incredibly spacious and felt like a Junior Suite, as it had very high ceilings, a sofa bed, center table, full size desk, and all the amenities of home. Actually! It had more amenities than home! Lol! With only a one night stay, and after a wonderful and romantic day spent in St. Augustine with my Bride-To-Be, I requested a late check out for the following day. The late check-out was extended until 2:00pm from the normal 12:00pm. The location is right off of I-95, and a very short drive from downtown St. Augustine! As I prepayed for my breakfast in advance, I only wish a credit or delivery to room could have been made, so as not to forfeit the meal or its cost. That aside, the stay was well worth the price and much better than the attention to detail lacking accomodations of downtown St. Augustine. If not staying at a Bed and Breakfast, than this Courtyard Property should be strongly considered for your restful place to end the night after a visit to historic St. Augustine!

• Stayed: October 2013
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! Congratulations on your engagement!

I apologize for the included breakfast issue. If you booked your reservation through a third party website, it is prepaid, and we cannot issue a refund for unused credit on the breakfast. If you booked through us directly, we should have been about to adjust your rate back to the regular rate if you were not going to have breakfast one morning. I apologize again if this was not the case. We can always change the rate, but the certificate itself has no cash value and is non-transferrable. Please feel free to contact me so that I may research this situation for you and resolve it to your satisfaction.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a very fine property. Well appointed rooms. Very helpful staff. Pool, hot tub, refrigerator, microwave. Extremely clean. Good soundproofing.

Bed was a little soft but slept well anyway.

Since this is a Courtyard, there is no complimentary breakfast of any kind - but come on, no coffee ! Perhaps we are a little spoiled by the lodgings on our way down through Florida, but lesser priced chains offer this little amenity. The minor annoyance over this was strengthened by the very obvious placed that is designated for it in the lobby - now covered with travel brochures - there is a coffee cup on the wall and a hole cut into the counter for trash.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your overall stay. I apologize for the coffee situation in the lobby. Courtyards used to provide lobby coffee (hence the old coffee station), but have since discontinued it. We offer Starbucks coffee for sale in the Bistro, but still provide complimentary coffee in our guest rooms, and can provide extra packets of coffee if needed. Other Marriott hotels still do have lobby coffee in the morning such as Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Townplace Suites, and Residence Inn as they do not have a full service restaurant like Courtyard hotels.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. We hope to have you return if you are back in the St. Augustine area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not usually a Courtyard fan, though I typically stay at a Marriott, but I have to say I loved this hotel. We were at the hotel for 6 days. The staff was warm and friendly. The hotel was incredibley clean! During the 6 days we were there, we say the courtyard power washed twice. Also, when walking by rooms that were being cleaned we say furniture and windows being wiped down. Our room was spotless. Not dust around the edges of the walls or windows like you see in a lot of hotels. Linen on bed actually smelled fresh! The hotel is away from the big crowds but close to downtown and the outlets. Will definately stay there again!

1  Thank Smickens

Thank you for your kinds words regarding your stay! I will be sure to share your experience with our housekeeping staff. They work very hard to provide the level of cleanliness anyone should expect from a top notch hotel, and are very happy to see guests satisfied with their service. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you return to the St. Augustine area!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious. Hotel is 5-7 minute drive from downtown. No restaurants close except for downtown. Very quiet. Only complaint..all 5 pillows were very "flat" and gave both of us stiff necks. They should have different options amoung them to choose from. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the information regarding the pillows along to my exectutive housekeeper. Each room should have a combination of hypo-allergenic foam pillows, and down feather pillows. I apologize if this was not the case.

We hope to have you stay with us again should you be back in the St. Augustine area.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at this "new" Courtyard location on Oct. 1 and were very pleased with our experience. This Courtyard has been our best location yet to stay at in Florida! You are far enough away from the traffic and the assorted mall traffic to avoid the noise but close enough to the road for exit and entry. I love the small microwave and refrig. in the rooms. Just large enough for snacks and leftovers! The front desk was most welcoming each time we passed by. The beds were very comfortable with updated linens.

GREAT, QUIET, IMMACULATELY CLEAN LOCATION! They are even on the trolley stop!

Easy to get in and out of to visit St. Augustine historical area and Outlet Malls. No reason to pay the higher prices to stay in the historic section.

This location has several individual carts to get baggage to your room - similar to the aiport. This is the first time I have seen these used and they are very convenient placed inside the front door for guests.

Room Tip: It doesn't seem to matter where you stay in the hotel, the hotel was very quiet. Our room was ac...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to see you enjoyed your stay and that it was quiet and relaxing for you. We pride ourselves in proving the best customer service, and making sure each and every guest enjoys their stay! Thank you once again and we hope to have you return in the future!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover and they handled everything perfectly. The ease of the shuttles and the way they had someone greet us in the parking lot to explain parking was very efficient. The hotel was very clean and modern and really very quiet. We really enjoyed the Bistro which had exceptional service and good food. We loved the little booth with their private tv. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to see you had a great weekend and enjoyed your stay! It was quite the event, and probably the biggest St. Augustine has ever hosted. The city did a wonderful job making sure everything went as smoothly as possible, and I am glad to see we provided that service for you during your stay.

We hope to have you back should any other events cause you to return to the area!