“A fine property but come on no coffee in lobby (even when there is space designated for it)”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a very fine property. Well appointed rooms. Very helpful staff. Pool, hot tub, refrigerator, microwave. Extremely clean. Good soundproofing.

Bed was a little soft but slept well anyway.

Since this is a Courtyard, there is no complimentary breakfast of any kind - but come on, no coffee ! Perhaps we are a little spoiled by the lodgings on our way down through Florida, but lesser priced chains offer this little amenity. The minor annoyance over this was strengthened by the very obvious placed that is designated for it in the lobby - now covered with travel brochures - there is a coffee cup on the wall and a hole cut into the counter for trash.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your overall stay. I apologize for the coffee situation in the lobby. Courtyards used to provide lobby coffee (hence the old coffee station), but have since discontinued it. We offer Starbucks coffee for sale in the Bistro, but still provide complimentary coffee in our guest rooms, and can provide extra packets of coffee if needed. Other Marriott hotels still do have lobby coffee in the morning such as Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Townplace Suites, and Residence Inn as they do not have a full service restaurant like Courtyard hotels.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. We hope to have you return if you are back in the St. Augustine area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not usually a Courtyard fan, though I typically stay at a Marriott, but I have to say I loved this hotel. We were at the hotel for 6 days. The staff was warm and friendly. The hotel was incredibley clean! During the 6 days we were there, we say the courtyard power washed twice. Also, when walking by rooms that were being cleaned we say furniture and windows being wiped down. Our room was spotless. Not dust around the edges of the walls or windows like you see in a lot of hotels. Linen on bed actually smelled fresh! The hotel is away from the big crowds but close to downtown and the outlets. Will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Smickens

Thank you for your kinds words regarding your stay! I will be sure to share your experience with our housekeeping staff. They work very hard to provide the level of cleanliness anyone should expect from a top notch hotel, and are very happy to see guests satisfied with their service. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you return to the St. Augustine area!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious. Hotel is 5-7 minute drive from downtown. No restaurants close except for downtown. Very quiet. Only complaint..all 5 pillows were very "flat" and gave both of us stiff necks. They should have different options amoung them to choose from. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the information regarding the pillows along to my exectutive housekeeper. Each room should have a combination of hypo-allergenic foam pillows, and down feather pillows. I apologize if this was not the case.

We hope to have you stay with us again should you be back in the St. Augustine area.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at this "new" Courtyard location on Oct. 1 and were very pleased with our experience. This Courtyard has been our best location yet to stay at in Florida! You are far enough away from the traffic and the assorted mall traffic to avoid the noise but close enough to the road for exit and entry. I love the small microwave and refrig. in the rooms. Just large enough for snacks and leftovers! The front desk was most welcoming each time we passed by. The beds were very comfortable with updated linens.

GREAT, QUIET, IMMACULATELY CLEAN LOCATION! They are even on the trolley stop!

Easy to get in and out of to visit St. Augustine historical area and Outlet Malls. No reason to pay the higher prices to stay in the historic section.

This location has several individual carts to get baggage to your room - similar to the aiport. This is the first time I have seen these used and they are very convenient placed inside the front door for guests.

Room Tip: It doesn't seem to matter where you stay in the hotel, the hotel was very quiet. Our room was ac...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to see you enjoyed your stay and that it was quiet and relaxing for you. We pride ourselves in proving the best customer service, and making sure each and every guest enjoys their stay! Thank you once again and we hope to have you return in the future!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover and they handled everything perfectly. The ease of the shuttles and the way they had someone greet us in the parking lot to explain parking was very efficient. The hotel was very clean and modern and really very quiet. We really enjoyed the Bistro which had exceptional service and good food. We loved the little booth with their private tv. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to see you had a great weekend and enjoyed your stay! It was quite the event, and probably the biggest St. Augustine has ever hosted. The city did a wonderful job making sure everything went as smoothly as possible, and I am glad to see we provided that service for you during your stay.

We hope to have you back should any other events cause you to return to the area!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

1. Great location- 10 minutes from downtown, two minutes form the outlets/I-95
2. Very clean- everything seemed almost new
3. The staff was wonderful- helped me get an additional key within minutes
4. The food in the Bistro was excellent
5. This hotel is VERY quiet- I never heard anyone in the surrounding rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review! It's great to see you had a nice and quiet stay while visiting our beautiful city! We hope to have you stay with us again any time you return to the area!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends for the Mumford & Sons Gentlemen of the Road Stopver this past weekend and we all left raving about how wonderful the hotel was. Great location, super clean and very, VERY quiet. The staff was wonderful and the service in the Bistro was friendly and quick - not to mention the food was much tastier than anticipated. Considering how crowded the city was that weekend, the staff was all pleasant from the attendants checking parking passes to the housekeeping staff. We would definitely stay again if we return to St. Augustine. Thanks for being so hospitable to a bunch of music junkies!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay, especially during one of the busiest weekends St. Augustine has ever had. The city, as well as our staff had been preparing for months to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible for everyone, so that the only thing they had to worry about was having fun! I hope you enjoyed the show, and we hope to have to back should you return to the area!