“Just average”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“Just average”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I must be missing something here as most of the reviewers seem to rave about this establishment.
Check in, rooms and housekeeping standards were ok, menu In restaurant limited and breakfast menu, very uninspiring.
Did not meet any staff who went out of their way to be helpful but neither did we come across any rudeness.
Certainly would not rush to return but would stay if I happened to be in the area again which actually, is unlikely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sad to see that our staff did not go above and beyond to make sure your stay was everything you would expect it to be based on our reviews. While even though unlikely that you will be back in the area, we would like to have you return so that we may provide you with the customer service that you would expect and deserve from a Marriott property.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would discuss this further.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Denver
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here June 24 and 25, Staff was very friendly and helpful. My room and the rest of the hotel was clean. The pool was and well kept. Overall a really good stay. Hotel is close to the outlet malls and about 15-20 minutes to St. Augustine Beach (the actual beach) Old town St Augustine is probably only about 10 minutes or less.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you return if your travels bring you back to the area!

Standish, Maine
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked this room because I got a great rate and it was close to St. Augustine main beaches and attractions. I have to say, we arrived around 7pm, after a 12 drive. We were greeted by Aaron (I believe that was his name). He recognized my Marriott Elite status and had a big smile on his face. He asked how our day was and just seemed very interested in us as people. He read off my room requests and all were accommodated. The room was spacious and clean. The business center and cafe had quite a few people in it. This area appeared quite new and functional. The only negatives and the reasons I gave it a 4 vs a 5: 1) The lady who was at the check out desk in the morning had very little to no personality. We had questions about the area - and she seemed less than interested to help us out. She also never smiled. 2) It has been over 1 1/2 weeks and my Marriott rewards has not been credited for our visit. I would stay again at this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the highway road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you enjoyed your stay. I am sad to see our front desk agent at check out was not very personable. I will speak with her regarding this issue. In regards to your Marriott Rewards points, they should be awarded automatically to your account. If you contact Marriott Rewards, and inform them about the issue they can verify your stay with us, and have your points awarded. I apologize for this issue.

If there is anything I may be able to assist you with in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Ocala, FL
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hotel last weekend. This hotel is new and so accomodating. The rooms are large, well decorated and the bathrooms are quite nice. We enjoyed being able to visit the market place and also had drinks at the restaurant/bar. The location to historic downtown and the outlet malls was perfect. I will be going back again and again...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! If there is anything we may be able to assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding that was in downtown St. Augustine. The can ride was about 10 minutes which hurt the location.
The hotel is rather new though and the room was very clean. Service is outstanding. View of our room looked out to a house and it's backyard which was rather strange however.

Room Tip: No need for higher floor as there is no view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZMAN3411
Thank you for leaving a review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in the future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel! The service we received when we checked in was great. Our room was very nice and roomy, and the location of the hotel met our needs. The bottom line this hotel was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! We hope to see you again!

Thanks,

Gulf Breeze, FL
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This property is in great shape and is fairly close to historic attractions. We were in town to tour Flagler and the location was convenient enough to suit our needs. The staff was helpful and friendly. I think Courtyard is my new favorite hotel brand. Plus, we got a great rate!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! I hope you enjoyed your time in St. Augustine, and we hope to see you again!

Thanks,