“Great Philly cheese steak”
Review of South A Philly

South A Philly
Ranked #167 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: We are a staff of friends and family who are proud to bring you the best tasting cheesesteaks and hoagies in Florida. Our bread is shipped down par-cooked from South Jersey, then baked fresh throughout the day, so you can enjoy authentic flavor straight from the oven. Each day we slice our rib-eye by hand to ensure our steak is tender and delicious; we would never dream of serving that pre-sliced stuff! We have original Cheez Whiz to give your cheesesteak that real Philadelphia flavor, the same way we ate them growing up. If that’s not your thing, we also offer American, Provolone, and Swiss cheeses, all from Dietz and Watson, who also provides all of our Italian meats (for an unforgettable Italian hoagie that will make you think you’re right back in Philly!). We have put our hearts into creating sandwiches we are proud to serve, and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we enjoy making them.
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Had a roasted pepper garlic cheese steak with provolone. Fresh garlic and more than enough to eat. Waited a little bit for food to arrive but definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Really great Philly Steak where you can add what you want to the sub. I'm not a pepper person and lots of places just don't understand. In addition, they offer funnel cake sticks.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Pretty relaxing and easy going place. It’s not expensive and you get decent Philadelphia style food. I’ve been to Philly and this stacks up on a good day.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I googled this place and picked it cause we were hungry but not sure what we wanted... And man this place did not disappoint! We are from new jersey right by Philly and I can honestly say this place has authentic Philly cheese steaks.The food was amazing the size portions were perfect and the fries were out of this world! 5 star hidden gem.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Have not lived in St. Augustine very long. Son was visiting from TX we were walking on King St. and were hungry, not knowing the area, I was trying to look up a restaurant near us, when my son said, "look", and there was a large window in this building and a sort of small walkway next to it. We were looking at South A Philly restaurant's menu which was posted in the window.
Son said, Corned Beef I love it and they have a corned beef sandwich, He doesn't get it much if at all in TX. I scanned the menu, which is huge, for such a small place, and spotted Philly Cheese Steak in a bunch of different ways. I LOVE PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS. In we went.
It looks small from the outside but there is surprisingly a lot of room inside. lots of tables around, a long banquette type seat against one wall with chairs opposite that allowed different parties to sit at it and still have plenty of room so your not squeezed in. Noticed what I believe to be students with books and the ever present laptops working away at different tables.
We walked to the counter in the back. Son ordered his corned beef cold. I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak with roasted peppers. Son also ordered a side of fries. We both had fountain drinks, which have free refills. They also offer I know bottled beer, do not know if they offer anything else.
Less than 10 minutes later we had our lunches. They deliver them to your table. Dave's corned beef sandwich was HUGE piled high with he proclaimed wonderful corned beef, lean, and delicious. I was in heaven, my Philly Cheese Steak was nothing short of fantastic! Piping hot, chock full of the best beef, cheese and roasted peppers I have ever had. I ate one or two fries Son Dave, managed a few and that was it. We were to full to eat more.
The selection of sandwiches is huge, and they have every kind of potato you can think of for such a small place. I imagine it does booming business. We ate rather early about 11:00 AM I think and I was glad.
if you have not been to this little gem. GO I guarentee you will enjoy and return again.