“Great food and service”

Ranked #166 of 609 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: We are a staff of friends and family who are proud to bring you the best tasting cheesesteaks and hoagies in Florida. Our bread is shipped down par-cooked from South Jersey, then baked fresh throughout the day, so you can enjoy authentic flavor straight from the oven. Each day we slice our rib-eye by hand to ensure our steak is tender and delicious; we would never dream of serving that pre-sliced stuff! We have original Cheez Whiz to give your cheesesteak that real Philadelphia flavor, the same way we ate them growing up. If that’s not your thing, we also offer American, Provolone, and Swiss cheeses, all from Dietz and Watson, who also provides all of our Italian meats (for an unforgettable Italian hoagie that will make you think you’re right back in Philly!). We have put our hearts into creating sandwiches we are proud to serve, and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we enjoy making them.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Philly cheese steak sandwiches were great! Good service, clean and well decorated restaurant. The restroom is in the foyer and accessed by key. No view because it is tucked away in a large multi unit building.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We both grew up in South Philadelphia, and fondly remember the cheese steaks and other items only available there.
The sandwiches here are the closest we have found to the ones served in corner stores in our old neighborhood. The steak was tender and not over cooked, plenty of fried onions and your choice of cheese wiz or other cheeses. Beer on tap and by the bottle, and a nice conversation with the owner about the old neighborhood.
The bread was good. its not Amarosa's but close.
We both enjoyed the sandwiches and the store. It's a shame we weren't in the area longer or we would have returned for another one.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'm from Northeast Philly and grew up with Philly cheese steaks.
This places serve the best I've had in years. Rolls are awesome and meat and cheese is cooked to perfection. Mitch knows who to make a great steak sandwich.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A lot of reviewers have reported that South A Philly has great cheese steaks. I do not agree. The roll was good. But the cheese steak itself was average at best. The onions were few and far between. I got mine with provolone cheese and after the first two bites I actually looked to be sure they had put any cheese on the sandwich. The meat was fairly dry and did not have much taste. Almost any average Italian restaurant can make a better cheese steak than South A Philly. My wife had the chicken cheese steak and said it was good. I will say that the fries were very good. I think the prices are on the high side. $7.99 for a cheese steak usually includes at least some chips, if not fries. $25.49 for a cheese steak, chicken cheese steak, regular fries and two drinks seems high for a place where you order at the counter and they limit you to one refill on the drinks. Maybe we were there on a bad day, but next time I want a cheese steak in St Augustine I will try one of the Italian restaurants in town.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm a local and still have yet to try out all of the restaurants downtown. My fiancé always bugs me to go here, so I finally go. and guess what? It's delish!!! The potato skins (with jalepenios like the male cashier suggested) are to die for. Now, everytime we are downtown we stop in to grab my favorite skins. Hubby always gets the chicken philly, he loves it. If you are not from Saint Augustine and are unfamiliar with the area, make sure you use mapquest or it may be a bit hard to find.

1  Thank Jim C