“Just good”

Ranked #250 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: We are a staff of friends and family who are proud to bring you the best tasting cheesesteaks and hoagies in Florida. Our bread is shipped down par-cooked from South Jersey, then baked fresh throughout the day, so you can enjoy authentic flavor straight from the oven. Each day we slice our rib-eye by hand to ensure our steak is tender and delicious; we would never dream of serving that pre-sliced stuff! We have original Cheez Whiz to give your cheesesteak that real Philadelphia flavor, the same way we ate them growing up. If that’s not your thing, we also offer American, Provolone, and Swiss cheeses, all from Dietz and Watson, who also provides all of our Italian meats (for an unforgettable Italian hoagie that will make you think you’re right back in Philly!). We have put our hearts into creating sandwiches we are proud to serve, and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we enjoy making them.
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Went here based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. I got the regular cheesesteak with onions, jalapenos, and green peppers. I liked the sub, but I was expecting a little more from it. The fries and onion rings were also good. I guess you can't really doctor them up too much. I have to say the onion rings tasted like it could have had beer in it, which I'm not a fan of. The guy that rang us up was very helpful giving us directions. Overall it was okay. I probably wouldn't go back though.

There are newer reviews for South A Philly

Reviewed September 15, 2011

If you are tired of seafood and are looking for something delicious, try this place. The owners are extremely friendly, and the food is WONDERFUL. The menu has a unique variety of cheesesteaks and fries. This place will not disappoint!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We ate here for lunch after 3 years of seeing their advertisements and driving by. I can't believe we waited this long. . .but it was definitely worth the wait! The cheesesteaks were excellent and cooked to order. The meat was very tender and not fatty, a huge plus. If you go here, you MUST try the cajun fries; they are to die for! It's a mix of cayenne pepper, cajun spices, and Old Bay seasoning. And, they do not skimp on the seasoning. For two cheesesteaks, two drinks, and one order of fries (I'm sorry I didn't order, two they were so good!) it ran about $24.00. It's a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. The employees (counter service and back) were very friendly. Will definitely be back, and this time, I'm not sharing those fries!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Had a wonderful cheesesteak sandwich, and I don't really care for sandwiches. The bread was incredible, the sandwich was hot and fresh. Great ambiance for a sandwich shop, no plastic chairs, nice window seating with great views of the plaza and the street activity. A horse carriage or two and tourist trains pass by. I live across the Lion's Bridge and still enjoy discovering good eating places in town.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

The people who worked there were very nice and asked us how everything was a couple of times. The food was great.