St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bird Photography

My main reason for visiting was for the bird photography that I had heard about. And it was as good... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
goldenstrings
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Gator paradise

This is a great zoo to visit if you like reptiles. All the animals looked healthy and well fed. The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $19.00
from $28.07
from $24.00
3,673 results
All reviews zip line bird rookery feed the alligators exotic birds baby birds roseate spoonbills all ages kids and adults on display great place to visit feeding animals maximo swamp albino dragon pellets
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2009

My husband has always had a fasination for alligators, so we knew we were stopping here when we planned our trip. Boy do they have the gators!! We arrived just in time to see them throw rats for them to eat. They must be well fed because most did not seemed too fazed by the treats. We had a pleasant stroll through the grounds and enjoyed the park. I do agree that it is over priced, but I've been more disappointed on vacation attractions and spent more money for the "pleasure"!

1  Thank ritasIndy
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I cannot believe that i haven't gone to Alligator farm 15 + years . I have avoided that place and always afraid to go but today i finally went there and impressed what i saw. They had birds, crocodiles, snakes , swans, monkeys, parrots . I even saw a deer it was interesting and fake zebra too :) At 11 am we enjoyed the story about the alligators and at noon we watched alligators getting fed it was fun . 1pm they had lizard and snake show at 2 pm bird show appeared along with porcupine and snake again it was interesting. 3 pm we watched alligator getting fed again. You can spend hours in that place just exploring and seeing different kinds of animals. I am glad i went there and enjoyed myself.

3  Thank Mehmet1234
Reviewed April 21, 2009

When we tell visitors that we're taking them to the Alligator Farm they often have a bored or confused look until we get there., Then it's lots of , "Oh Wow" and "Way Cool." From young to old, they are all impressed and awed by the huge amount of all the species of alligators and crocodiles. The attraction also has rare albino alligators, gigantic Maximos and great informative live bird and snake demonstrations. The little ones love to run on the boardwalks, play in the playground and enjoy having just a glass wall between them and the wildlife. During the Spring nesting season there are hundreds of large colorful birds in plain view. If you go, don't miss the feeding demos.

1  Thank SaintAugustineGranny
Reviewed March 23, 2009

We had a great time visiting the Alligator Farm with our three elementary- and middle-school aged children. You can get right up close with dozens, if not hundreds, of big Florida alligators; you can watch the trainers feed them (they eat frozen rats) and see them in a natural swamp-like preserve with a safe wooden walkway.

There are also tropical birds, snakes, and at least one of each of the world's 23 species of crocodiles and alligators. There's also a small children's playground and a snack bar, and the grounds are shady, attractive, and well-maintained. The trainers are very friendly and knowledgeable and happy to answer as many questions as you like. (The one we spoke with had a degree in marine biology.)

Of course, like at almost all tourist destinations these days, the only exit is through the gift shop. But the shop had some decent books and stuffed animals with a reptile theme.

Overall, we found it to be excellent. We had planned to be there for about an hour, but ended up staying more than three hours. Time flies when you're having fun.

1  Thank StartsOn95
Reviewed March 4, 2009

First, this attraction was way over priced! Adult rates are in excess of $20. We were through, including shows, in just over 2 hours. The show depicting wild animals of Florida included a whopping 3: owl, snake, & rabbit! I was not impressed with this attraction at all. Gatorland in Kissimmee is a much better deal!!

2  Thank travelgrlFlorida