“Alligators and more”

St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was a really interesting visit and highly informative. I really enjoyed seeing the alligators as some of them were moving around rather than looking as if they'd been stuffed. There was lots of information on boards explaining the differences between alligators, crocodiles and caiman and a variety of the different species in what appeared to be roomy living areas.
A bonus was the variety of birds also at the farm and frankly the mad looking African Stork was worth the entry alone. There were also lemurs bouncing around.
The site is very easy to get around and suitable for buggies or for people with mobility problems. I was a little dubious originally as I know some centres have the reptiles doing tricks and I'm not really keen on that. However apart from a feeding display the farm seems to rely on the animals being themselves together with clear descriptions and information.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I wasn't sure about visiting this place, but it was very interesting. I really do not like alligators, but it was very fascinating!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

When we first went here 25 years ago, it was actually more of a roadside attraction. They even had "alligator wrestling." Now it is a certified zoological park and very educational.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We took our 2 year old...he was not very impressed but we loved it. The alligator feeding at noon is a must. The zip line looks fun and the souvenir shop is good. It is a little pricey at 21.95 per person but we loved it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

It is amazing to see all the different Alligators as well as Crocodiles in one facility. There are also Zip Lines now and a rope course that threads through the trees. I look forward to getting back as it is fascinating seeing the feeding show as well.