“Save your money!!”

and up
St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #31 of 186 things to do in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: A museum housing a strange collection of the odd, the unusual and the downright weird.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Save your money!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been to several Ripley's in other cities and had a general idea of what to expect. That being said, I was really disappointed in this place. I would say about 70% of the "museum" is made up of artifacts that could be seen or learned about by taking a basic anthropology or archaeology course. I actually took both of these courses in college and found most of the descriptions in Ripley's to be overly-simplistic and almost offensive in their displays as "believe it or not". I also found the rest of the pop culture items to be pretty lame (a Justin Bieber collage made entirely out of candy?) who cares?? The last straw for us was an artifact that was inaccurately described (a Chinese artifact that was labeled to be representative of a lion, with an actual picture of a lion). I guess somebody didn't do their research.

On a positive note, the staff was really nice and the place was clean (hence the 2 star rating). It is just sad that this particular Ripley's seems like it got the bad leftover artifacts that the other Ripley's didn't have room for or didn't want. Still, I would save your money and do other educational, meaningful things in St. Augustine.

Visited January 2013
Kimberly K, General Manager at Ripley's Believe It Or Not, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy our exhibits. I am happy though, that you appreciated the efforts of the staff to keep the building clean and to offer good hospitality to our guests. We do have to keep in mind that we have visitors from all walks of life. While some may not appreciate exhibits such as Justin Bieber made of candy, we have a lot of school groups that visit and many of our younger clientele do enjoy it. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. As always, we do offer a money back guarantee. Please contact us and we will be happy to issue a full refund. Thank you.

Miami, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWESOME FUN”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

They have wax hands and creepy things all around ant the exit is the vortex tunnel and then there is a gift shop called Cargo Hold my favorite was the wax hands

Visited January 2013
Thank you so much for making Ripley's part of your visit to Saint Augustine. It is always nice to know that our "Oddness" is appreciated and that you enjoyed our ancillary areas such as wax hands and the Cargo Hold. Thank you!
Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Just an average attraction...”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had been to Ripleys before so I guess I should have known what to expect. It is a unique compilation of odd things all in one place, but I can't say it's worth even the $13.99 per person rate you can get if you book your tickets online. I would skip it unless the 1. weather is bad 2. you have never been to a Ripleys somewhere else 3. You feel like departing with $13. Our young kids, ages 5 & 8 enjoyed it a little I guess, but in the end it was just so so.

Visited January 2013
Thank you fo making Ripley's part of your visit to St. Augustine. We are so glad that your kids enjoyed it. We recently added several interactives geared towards children. Again, we realize that there are lots of choices here in St. Augustine and we are glad that you chose t spend time with us at Ripley's.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fun, Interesting, Great for couples, families and kids.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me there today. We had lots of fun. Taking pictures, looking at stuff in awe. Weird and wacky stuff. We've gone to all of them. However there are lots of stairs. We had a good time, glad we went.

Thank you so much for making Ripley's part of your visit to Saint Augustine. It is always nice to know that our "Oddness" is appreciated. Thank you!
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great museum”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place has something for everyone. Especially if you like unusual things. Proof that the world can be a very strange place.

Visited December 2012
Kimberly K, General Manager at Ripley's Believe It Or Not, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We greatly appreciate you visiting Ripley's and for sharing such an amazing review! We are adding lots of new odd and unusual things to our collection and it is always nice to hear that our guests are enjoying the changes. Thank you so much!