“Not the best use of time” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Open seven days a week, this wax museum has over 150 wax figures taken from history and fiction.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not the best use of time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Unfortunately, there is not much to see at Potter's Wax Museum. It is relatively small and at most might take you 20 minutes to see all of the figures. Most of the figures really show their age, dusty, missing fingers , etc. The new location, inside the Old Drug Store, is very nice but the attractions do not live up. If you decide to attend, try to catch a deal on Groupon or Double Take Deals.

Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wasted Wax”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Please save your money. Wax figures don't resemble their name sakes. For example, Michael Jackson's figure is as red as the Thriller outfit he's dawning. Figures are in poor condition; scratched and dusty. "Museum" is tiny and it takes all but 10 minutes to complete. These wax figures all look like they rather be scented candles.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kenny1999
Lake Mary, Florida
“Wallet beware of bland Ghost Tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Upon arrival to St.Augustine one of the first attractions near the visitor center parking garage is Potter's wax museum/ Old Time Pharmacy which also advertises selling ghost tour tickets. After talking to a seemingly very knowledgeable associate on different options for ghost tours, and walking to other shops to acquire information from other vendors, we were talked into doing the Oldest Walking ghost tour of St.Augustine because "it was the best".

A reason we decided to take this tour was because it was supposed to be "scarier than a riding tour" and "unscripted and tailored to the group". However, nothing about this tour was remotely spooky and our tour guide, however knowledge, was a poor story teller. We had one small child in our group, who wanted to be scared, and yet she disproved every ghost story she told and added humor to everything.

While the stories were informative, education, and somewhat interesting they lacked in the eerie department solely due our guides delivery.

We were also told this would be an 80 minute walking tour with stops and it only lasted about an hour which, although was less time than what we paid for, somewhat of a miracle in disguise because I was ready to fall asleep standing up I had to stay any longer.

If you're looking for a history lesson on various dead inhabitants of St.Augustine then this tour is for you, but that's about it.

The only thing this ghost tour made me afraid of is me spending money on another ghost tour in St.Augustine.

PS.-- if you do decide to do this tour bug spray is heavily suggested!

Saint Augustine, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Went to see new location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Went to a breakfast meeting for my employment at Potters new location. Beautiful !! This museum will thrive in the new location and its obvious how hard the employees have all worked! I have guests coming into town and I will be bringing them. It's fresh, clean, and beautiful! Congratulations! I hope that the people who have posted negative reviews will come back. It's very much worth it! A must see!

Thomaston, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Old City - Old Museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am a fan of wax museums and sometimes judge them harshly. The Potters Wax Museum was quite small and their replica's were quite old in appearances. I was hoping for more than what I seen. It was decent.. but not as great as I expected.

Visited July 2013

Been to Potter's Wax Museum? Share your experiences!