All reviewsroom was cleanlions bridgealligator farmbagelsold town trolleyclose to downtownwalk in showershort driveparking lotenglish muffinlighthouseaugustinemoteltelevisionattractionsflorida
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Two things are the tipoff here:

#1 - You know it's bad when someone (me) books a free room using points, walks in, and then leaves and pays a hundred bucks for a room in a different hotel for the night.

#2 - When I first walked in a customer was returning a large bottle of air freshener to the front desk and a different customer was complaining about the smell in her room and that fact that her AC didn't work. So, I ask myself, "Self, what's worse; the fact that the customer had to borrow the air freshener, or the fact that the front desk had it available within arm's reach?". The room I was assigned had a funky, and I do mean funky, odor. I think it was mold in the AC but I couldn't quite pin it down because it could have been the mold in the bathroom and or it could have been whatever caused the different shades of color in the carpet. Hence, see #1 above.

When I first checked in there had been a mixup with my reservation but the clerk (I don't remember her name but she was very nice) got it straightened out. That's grace under pressure for sure because I bet that poor lady catches some kind of flack every night she works. That, my friends, was the highlight of my stay five-minute at this hotel. Need I say more?

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Hogfan22
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Arrived with travel coupon, but was told hotel was nearly fully booked so no discounts were available, by midnight there were only 20 cars in the car park. Room is clean and beds comfortable, however the only window is secured so the only means of fresh air, is the air-con. separate toilet and shower but the wash basin is in the main room. spa was not working and the pool was not being cleared of blown in debris. breakfast is pretty pathetic considering the price. If you are looking to use this hotel as a means of accessing the old town i would recommend staying in the historic district, prices are equivalent if not cheaper, alternatively rent near the beach and use the shuttle bus to the town. overall the hotel is ok, but not worth the price considering it,s ammenities and it's location.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank chrishawk
Reviewed February 6, 2008

We LOVE this hotel. Stayed there for the first time this past weekend.
High points--room was clean and spacious.,
Beds were comfotable and the PILLOWS were the best ever!!
Continental breakfast was minimal but just fine.
Coffee 24 hrs a day in the breakfast nook.,

Low point--ck-in clerk was rude to me and another customer.

We will DEFINATELY stay here again when visiting St. Augustine.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank debiash
Reviewed January 22, 2008

The hotel was okay, the rooms were maintained but without the service you would expect from a Hotels International Franchise. It started when we could not get the desk clerk to attend to our check in, she was busy watching T.V. in the hotels lobby. I had to physically walk over and ask her to check us in. If you've been in this hotels you would understand that it is nearly impossible for the clerk to miss anyone standing at the front desk while sitting in the lobby. We later realized that the hotel billed our credit card incorrectly, since the reservation company had already previously billed it. You would think this would be an easy fix by the hotel manager. Although she agreed with the reservation company that we were wrongly charged it took the Corporate office stepping in (Choice Hotels) to get the manager to correct the overcharge. One of the charges has yet to post it has been 3 weeks and I was forced to file a fraud charge by my bank just for assurances that it would finally be corrected. Needless to say, I will never stay at this particular hotel again.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank critterbugz69
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. The rooms were attractive and the staff was very polite. The pool and hot tub looked inviting but we didn't have time to try them. No complaints whatsoever. I would go there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family