All reviewsroom was cleanlions bridgealligator farmbagelsold town trolleyclose to downtownwalk in showershort driveparking lotenglish muffinlighthouseaugustinemoteltelevisionattractionsflorida
Reviewed February 6, 2008

We LOVE this hotel. Stayed there for the first time this past weekend.
High points--room was clean and spacious.,
Beds were comfotable and the PILLOWS were the best ever!!
Continental breakfast was minimal but just fine.
Coffee 24 hrs a day in the breakfast nook.,

Low point--ck-in clerk was rude to me and another customer.

We will DEFINATELY stay here again when visiting St. Augustine.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank debiash
Reviewed January 22, 2008

The hotel was okay, the rooms were maintained but without the service you would expect from a Hotels International Franchise. It started when we could not get the desk clerk to attend to our check in, she was busy watching T.V. in the hotels lobby. I had to physically walk over and ask her to check us in. If you've been in this hotels you would understand that it is nearly impossible for the clerk to miss anyone standing at the front desk while sitting in the lobby. We later realized that the hotel billed our credit card incorrectly, since the reservation company had already previously billed it. You would think this would be an easy fix by the hotel manager. Although she agreed with the reservation company that we were wrongly charged it took the Corporate office stepping in (Choice Hotels) to get the manager to correct the overcharge. One of the charges has yet to post it has been 3 weeks and I was forced to file a fraud charge by my bank just for assurances that it would finally be corrected. Needless to say, I will never stay at this particular hotel again.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank critterbugz69
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. The rooms were attractive and the staff was very polite. The pool and hot tub looked inviting but we didn't have time to try them. No complaints whatsoever. I would go there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MinnieKat
Reviewed July 17, 2007

The room is infested with ants. I bought some pastries in the box and left them on the counter to find them COVERED with ants when we returned that evening. The sheets have shrunk so much that they refuse to stay on and therefore the stained decrepid mattress is exposed. The A/C knob is busted off and there is no way to adjust setting. We were up all night. The pillows are very old flat pancakes. DOn't ask for non-smoking because it will still reek of smoke and the hallways have soke everywhere.
When we arrived we just dropped off our bags and set off to site see. All these issues were revealed when we arrived late that night. The front desk was advised and said there was nothing they could do because we must have like it when we arrived because we have been in the unit for several hours already so why complain now.
The breakfast.... Well beware. The juice is left out all night and is very warm, not refrigerated and gave me stomach cramps.
Front desk couln't care less about accommodating you and therefore we checked out after our 1st night. A pure dump.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rosie
Reviewed April 7, 2007

My friend and I spent a night there just last week. We stayed at a more expensive hotel in Orlando for the rest of the week, and I think this hotel was far better!

I paid about $80 a night before tax, and this hotel is exactly what you would expect for that price. It's not a cheap lodging, but it's not a fancy hotel, either. The hotel itself looked brand new. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was no bathtub, only a shower stall. There was a courtesy computer at the end of our hallway where we could check our email. The continental breakfast was the usual assortment of cereal, danish, juice, etc. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to others, and the next time I am in St. Augustine, I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank St0rmChaser