“Love Love Love the Staff!”

Sleep Inn St. Augustine
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed Febuary 2013. It was my boyfriend and myself. We absolutely loved this place! First of all, at check in, I believe her name was Stefanie? She was an absolute doll. She was very attentive to what we were looking for as far as accommodating us. She even made some wonderful recommendations as to where we could get a great lunch. We were craving fish sandwiches and she sent us over near the beach (which wasnt far away at all.. within 5 miles). Sunset Grille. It was to die for. She always greeted us as we came to and from the hotel with a smile and friendly demeanor. She had a great sense of humor as well. Then later in the evening we talked to the evening shift fellow by the name of Bud. Bud was a pure delight. Such a friendly and funny guy. The housekeeping staff in the morning we were checking out were so polite and courteous. I really hope management is acknowledging these star employees, I have never stayed at a hotel where EVERY employee were so friendly and wonderful. These people know how to do their job!

As Far as the room, it was a Non Smoking room that had 2 queen beds. We had a fridge and microwave. The carpet, walls, drapes and bedding were all brand new! As well as the beds and televisions! The shower had awesome water pressure. It was clean and smelled fresh.

Breakfast was delicious as far as a continental breakfast goes. We had Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, Orange and Apple Juice, Coffee, Tea, Danish, Donuts, English Muffins, Bagels and Yogurt. Of course cereal choices as well. Bananas and Oranges. SOOOOOOOO many choices.

I highly recommend the Sleep Inn St. Augustine for those that want EXCELLENT service, CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE rooms and an overall fantastic experience. The price was also great for the area and how close it is to everything!

2  Thank Patty J

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice during our recent trip to Florida. On the way down we stayed here for the first time, and then stayed there again on the way home. It is about 1 mile over the Bridge of Lions and you can see the lighthouse from the parking lot! (My favorite) The rooms are nice, and while the downstairs rooms have been renovated, the smoking rooms on the second floor, have not. The bedding is very nice, but the furniture is old, the armchair in our room was thread bare. The breakfast is ok. It has more options then some hotels, less then others, but enough to satisfy. We did not use the pool at all so I can't comment on that. The only complaint I have is not about this particular hotel, but the chain in general and that is the way the bathrooms are set up. There are no tubs, which probably make it difficult for families with young children and the showers, while roomy, are not designed for women who might want to shave their legs. As I said though, otherwise it is a nice hotel, close to several attractions (the lighthouse, mini-golf, the alligator farm) and I am sure the next time we are in St Augustine we will stay there again.

1  Thank mrskramden
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel between Monday February the 12th and Thursday February the 14th. Nice place to stay, nothing fancy but great for the price. Which for me was $62 a night via advanced purchase on the Choice Hotels website. Does include a hot tub and a pool, I made use of both while there. The hot tub on the final night was too hot for my taste but fine the first two nights. The rooms, hallways and the hotel in general were clean. The AC also kept the room cool and the refrigerator kept the food and drink cold. The room also had a small safe which was a nice extra not mentioned on the website. The breakfast included Waffles, Yogurt, Fruit, Cereal, Oatmeal and Grits. As well as Pastries, Bagels, English Muffins, Juice, Milk and Hard Boiled Eggs. Hot items other than waffles rotates between Biscuits and Gravy and Sausage and Eggs. Supposedly renovations are being done to the hotel so you know the owners are maintaining the property. A few improvements could be made though, for one a heated pool would be nice. Guest laundry will also be a good addition for people who stay a few days or more. The lighthouse and downtown St Augustine are only a mile way. Making it within walking distance from the hotel. In fact you can see the lighthouse from the hotel. Oh and a mini golf business is next door if you want to have some fun. That and Osteens Restaurant is nearby for some good seafood.

Room Tip: Pay for room in advance via choicehotels.com
1  Thank Edward D
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed for a night at this hotel and were surprised at how nice it was. The lobby has a modern feel and is very nicely decorated. The rooms were neatly clean and smell good. Breakfast was pretty good also. It is close to downtown and right next to the alligator farm. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Tastefully decorated room with new furnishings, fridge and my favorite, a glass door stall shower (no tub). Yes, it is a wee bIt smaller than other Choice brands, but geared to business traveler, singles and couples. Plenty of good lighting and flat screen TV. Staff at checkin on a Thursday evening was personable, helpful and efficient. Usual toiletries and coffee maker. Breakfast had continental fare as well as hot biscuits and gravy. This hotel is just a mile over the Bridge of Lions after passing through historic town of St. Augustine. Would totally recommend this hotel for price. I was on way to Naples and wanted to explore this city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Affordable, comfortable and clean hotel. Nice place to stay but not near any amenities. You will need to use your car to get to historic St Augustine and restaurants. WiFi was hit and miss during my stay. If you are looking for a low frills stay but comfortable and clean, this is a good hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: If you purchase an "Old Town Trolley Tour" ticket, they will pickup and dropoff at the hot...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just a one night stay with my wife. Great value, clean inside and out, complimentary breakfast was bountiful. No problems in this nice inn. I recommend it to anyone looking to maximize value and quality. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family