All reviewsroom was cleanlions bridgealligator farmbagelsold town trolleyclose to downtownwalk in showershort driveparking lotenglish muffinlighthouseaugustinemoteltelevisionattractionsflorida
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We spent one evening there during our Florida odyssey. The downstairs room was away from the elevator at the end of the hallway. One thoughtful observation, the exit door at the end of the hall was adjusted to close silently and not be slammed shut. The room itself was musty when the air conditioner was turned off. The layout of the room was functional, but needs updates. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner was efficient. The parking lot is small (since the hotel only hast two floors). Since the hotel is on a curve in the road, it can be somewhat dangerous trying to leave the parking lot. Otherwise, the hotel felt safe in that part of town (across the bridge from the Old Town area). From the hotel, it is an easy walk to the Old Town or the lighthouse (or Alligator Farm).

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the hall are quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GS-Everett
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed there not too long ago and it was atrocious. The room smelled dank and musty. The desk clerk was very indifferent and not very friendly. The worst part was the first night when we were about to go to sleep. The mattress was so hard, I honestly thought I was sleeping on a slab of concrete! I literally lifted up the sheets to see if there was concrete under there. After a sleepless night, we got up the next morning for breakfast, but the senior citizens had descended on the place like vultures at 7 AM and most of the food was gone. What was left, was stale and hard bagels , a few muffins, and flies were buzzing around and landing on the food. The next night, I refused to sleep in the bed and spend the night trying to sleep in the chair (more comfortable, BTW).
This hotel is located on the island, and while it looks relatively safe during the day, the area is run-down and seedy. At night, it feels very unsafe and is poorly lit.
Do not, do not, DO NOT stay here. Definitely not worth it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Lacey G
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We always stay here when going to a concert at the St. Aug Amph. Good location and always a good stay. Will continue to stay here each time we return to St. Augustine.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JMO3305
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here one night while traveling from Orlando to Alabama. Check in was quick and the desk clerk was friendly, helpful, and efficient. The room was large, clean, quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. I like the large shower and the sink outside the bath area. The only complaint I had is that the breakfast area is too small and would not accommodate everyone who was trying to eat breakfast. There was a line of people trying to get food and coffee and not enough places for people to sit. We looked at the choices and decided it was not worth trying to eat there. Overall, the motel was nice and I would stay there again, just would know I would be eating breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The rooms are decent size and were comfy. They were very clean also. Had a simple breakfest in the mornings also. Perefect place to stay. I will go back. The staff is very friendly also.

• Stayed: February 2012