All reviews room was clean lions bridge alligator farm bagels old town trolley close to downtown walk in shower short drive parking lot english muffin lighthouse augustine motel television attractions florida
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This Sleep Inn was convenient to St. Augustine, but without the hassle that sometimes comes from being downtown. Staff was friendly, really helpful actually. Breakfast was minimal. Near to beaches. There was just one thing... They try to mix smoking with non-smoking rooms, by having the smoking on the ends of the halls, and it really doesn't work. I could smell smoke in the halls as soon as I would walk upstairs. We had a good time here, but if you can I'd find an all non-smoking hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stockmktgenius
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Sleep Inn is a great place to stay in St. Augustine. It is within a mile of the historic district. The staff accomodated us very nicely when we arrived late in the morning with our grandchildren, hoping we could get an early check in so we could hit the pool! Our room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. Our grandkids enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and this made it even more affordable for us.
Kent and Callie

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was a clean hotel and very close to our concert destination. The employees were very friendly and let us have a late check-out. Thank you, we will be back. There was a great little mexican restaurant right next door.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nothernbird
Reviewed July 24, 2011

NO BED BUGS AT ALL. i checked due to last review! very friendly people. rooms were very clean but can use new rugs/curtains. they were stained. the a/c was ok but it was on high all night and didnt get real cold (we like it freezing!) we are going back to do some tours and will return to hotel... i am very picky and for the price.... i WILL return!.. oh the breakfast was just "ok"... muffins,bagels and cereal....BUT FREE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: anywhere is good!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the recommendation from a restaurantuer down the street from there. He said that this hotel was much newer and nicer than some of the other hotels in St. Augustine. We were greeted at the desk by a friendly gal and we had a coupon for a discounted room. We then checked in and were very impressed by the nice room. We commented about how nice Sleep Inns are ( this was our first Sleep Inn) experience. I took a shower and started getting ready for bed. My partner had to run out to the car so I laid down on the bed and was just minding my own business when out of the corner of my eye I saw a BUG! I immediately thought "BEDBUG" and scooped it up and took it to the front desk to alert them. They looked at the bud and concurred that yes this was a bedbug. We were offered another room ( this was very late at night) and then we were moved to a room that clearly was a smoking room. It smelled terrible and after being so grossed out by the bedbug room it was hard to get relaxed after that. I inquired of the desk person " is there a problem in the hotel with bedbugs?" and she said well only with one room. I guess We got the room that had them. They said it was "supposed" to have been taken care of. We weren't offered anything off the cost of the room and we got a pretty tepid apology. So no, we probably would not stay at that place again. Which is a shame because everything else was really nice

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple