“Much better!!”

City Bistro Tea House & Coffee Co.
Ranked #110 of 602 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Partners Robyn & Ted Mooney & Natasha Olivera, along with an outstanding crew, strive to provide a warm genuine dining experience focused on fresh ingredients, local produce & a sense of community. An experience rather than just a meal, an occasion for some food for thought & being more than just a flash in the pan is what we strive toward every day. What has followed since our beginning has been an exciting and joyful exploration of who we are, what we love and what we envision sharing with the world. Our search for the sincerely exceptional has led us to create a restaurant that embodies a home away from home, a place to run into friends, or make new ones. The Bistro is centered around celebrating community culture, local art & music. The heart of our menu is about good clean culinary techniques, respect for ingredients and their origin and our environment. More than just concept, this is a tangible & heartfelt component of who we are & what we are creating. Special attention is given to vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and healthy options because we believe in encouraging diversity at the table & carefully curating a menu that satisfies every individual. Our Chefs & Baristas are well-informed & knowledgeable about the origins of every product & it would be our pleasure to custom-make any item to suit your preferences and requirements. Please join us soon, make yourself at home & become a part of our growing family.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Back in April, we visited and were very disappointed in the service. When contacted by the owner, I responded saying we would try again. When we revisited this week, we has a wonderful experience, the type we had when first visiting in December. Our server was lovely, having a full conversation with us about surfing ( she does, we don't, lol). The coffee and pastries were delicious. We will be back again, as fairly new residents of St Augustine.

3  Thank Melanie C

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I like this coffee house. I visited here every day when I was on my vacation in St. Augustine as I rented a place nearby. The ambiance is nice and it is clearly a locally owned business and I appreciated seeing the same folks each day. They offer soy milk and I ordered a soy latte each time. It was good -- not the best I've had but very consistent. They offer breakfast foods in addition to some pastries and simple lunch sandwiches. I tried an egg and cheese sandwich which was quite good. My spouse tried a hot chocolate one day (he doesn't do coffee) and he says -- "don't order the hot chocolate -- it wasn't good."

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The frappes here are delicious. They make them to order and they are a step above the generic ones at other chains.

2  Thank LoveTravelling115
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wow!! amazing cafe con leche was perfect. The breakfast wraps were equally great. I recommend the wrap with egg with chorizo. The owner was personable and professional. In fact she help us and recommended great historic sites.

1  Thank chula123
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast and it was outstanding. The coffee was even better for drip. The inside atmosphere was like a Seattle coffee house but the outside was dirty.

2  Thank Max P