“A True Luncheon Treat”

Cuisines: Greek, Polish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch and were most pleasantly surprised with an absolutely wonderful meal. We shared an order of meat pierogies sautéed with onions and a large Greek salad. The pierogies couldn't have been better, not greasy at all and seasoned just right. The salad was fresh and plentiful. We even ate and enjoyed the stuffed grape leaves, which are not always a favorite of ours. The service was equal to the meal--superb. I know there are lots of great restaurants in St. Augustine, but this one is definitely on the list for a return visit before we leave later in the week.

1  Thank Vtred-48

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Nice place with good food and service.

It's a bit small inside but so are many other places in the old city. It's worth a try. The Greek salad was good but it's hard to mess up a Greek salad. The salad had just the right amount of dressing and the stuffed grape leaves were super tasty, some of the best I have had. The lentil soup was tasty but could have had more lentils. I'm a fan of lentil soup and have had better, however it was tasty though.

My wife had the pierogi's. The spinach ones were much more tasty than the sauerkraut. It just so happens the spinach was more flavorful so I suspect if you like sauerkraut then that may be the way to go. We also got them boiled and I believe they would have been so much better if pan fried, again that is personal preference.

1  Thank 8ric
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I think we must have ordered wrong here, the reviews are so great, but we found it to be just okay. We tried peirogis, borscht, spinach pie, greek salad and tuna salad and everything was just fine, but nothing was spectacular. The service was good. Perhaps we made a mistake not trying the Gaufres!

2  Thank E2207
Reviewed February 19, 2014

and stop in to a delicious little Polish & Greek cafe on Aviles Street called Gaufre's & Goods.

They serve a limited, but delicious, blend of Polish and Greek fare that happens to include my favorite - PIEROGIES! - fresh and available in a variety of fillings: four cheese, potato, spinach, and mushroom&sauerkraut. They also serve up classic spinach feta pies, borsch (red beet soup), icy Polish brews, and rich cafe mochas.

Say goodbye to Mrs. T's because once you've gone fresh, you can't go back. This place was perfect. Small, full, and delicious. Nice staff, good service. Everything was spot on. I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

2  Thank FoodieOnTheSide
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I absolutely love this restaurant!! We dream about eating here when we visit St. Augustine. We could eat here all the time!!! I love love love the sauerkraut and the meat pierogies with bacon and fried onion!!! The borscht with mushroom dumplings is to die for!! THIS PLACE IS A MUST TRY! I can't wait to come back to St. Augustine just to eat here!!! AUTHENTIC POLISH FOOD AT ITS BEST!!!

2  Thank Jackie P