“DELICIOUS”

Cuisines: Greek, Polish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Gaufres & Goods on our little day trip to St. Augustine. When finding Gaufre's it feels like you're in Europe somewhere. Such excellent service and friendly owners. Being Polish myself, I never can get authentic homemade pieroges. I had the potato and cheese pieroge with bacon and onion. I could not get enough of them! I would recommend to anyone that is in town.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This place is interesting!! I really liked it!!i had mussels at first then moved on to dessert, I had a Guafre. I loved both dishes.. And the guy was super super nice!!! A peace of Europe !!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I visit St. Augustine often ( only 20 minutes away) , and have never had the privilege of eating here. We stumbled across it today on a quest for coffee after eating at another restaurant. We ordered coffee, ice cream for the kids, and shared a chocolate baklava. Everything was fabulous. The service was the friendliest. It was very clean. I loved absolutely everything about this place and will go back to try a meal someday soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Polish family-owned, but they lived in Greece for several years, so menu is a mixture of the two. Beer and wine, as well as espresso and Greek coffee. I had borsch and pirogies. The borsch was a plain type, beets and broth (no cabbage or other veggies), with three miniature mushroom pierogi dumplings. I had the potato-cheese and spinach pierogies, sauteed with onion and served with sour cream. Very, very good, and definitely homemade. My husband also had the hunter stew, served over a roll, which he liked. No room for their signature waffle desserts, I'm afraid. Very friendly hosts, sort of a garden furniture motif- pleasant but nothing special. Right in the heart of the old town.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our experience with this neat little restaurant involved buying a big plate of perogies for one of our group who's from Pittsburgh, as we had lunch across the street at the Brazilian-Italian place (which was very good, by the way). The perogies were excellent and their menu interesting enough for us to definitely return on our next outing in St Augustine. So, no matter where you're staying, take some time to explore Aviles Street and the rest of the Old Town section, and have lunch at Gaufre's & Goods. Greek + Polish = Terrific.