“Delicious Polish Food”

Cuisines: Greek, Polish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I ordered the borscht, sauteed pierogi with sauerkraut and the pyzy. Every part of it was good and flavorful. The borscht had a nice hint of spice and tasty mushroom dumplings. The pierogi were perfectly cooked and the sauerkraut was just right, not overwhelming the flavor of the dish. The pyzy were amazing. Pyzy is one of those dishes that I love and remember fondly, but don't have the time to make and not sure that I have the skill to execute correctly. Gaufre's give me a nice way to get my Polish favorites without fretting that I will get them all wrong. Finished the meal with a slice of poppy seed cheesecake with whipped cream. Fantastic meal, friendly service. Not much more I could ask for, except.... maybe for pączek!

There are newer reviews for Gaufres & Goods

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Gaufres&Goods certainly deserves all this praise. More of a bistro, it's tiny. The food is so.....very delicious, even the smells upon entering can make you swoon. The sauteed pierogies, ALL varieties on one plate are wonderful. Homemade soups are just that. Don't miss the gaufre waffle dessert with a coffee. They are huge and alot of fun to create your own combinations.....the images on the entry wall can help here. The owners are warm and friendly too. Just a great little place.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wow. Small, quaint restaurant on the oldest street in the US and is run by one family: Darius, Grace, and Julius from Poland but they lived 5 1/2 years in Greece before coming here. So the food is as traditional as you can get. I had the Taste of Poland: homemade borscht with dumplings, four pierogies sautéed in onions- one with cheese and potato, one with Spinach and cheese, another with beef, and one with sauerkraut and mushrooms. All of this with hunter's stew from a northern Poland recipe: sausage, chicken, beef, pork slow cooked with forest mushrooms imported from Poland, sauerkraut, prunes, red wine, and honey served in a bread bowl. The food is so good, people were filming a spot on Polish food!

3  Thank Vic777_12
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I saw this place listed on Trip Advisor and we had planned to go for lunch on one of the days we were in St. Augustine. When we checked into the Bed and Breakfast we were staying at they gave us a coupon which was good at one of several of the local restaurants. It turned out that one of the restaurants listed was Gaufres & Goods. The coupon was good for a free dessert. It was a short walk from where we were staying so that was nice since parking is very difficult in St. Augustine. We were greeted immediately by the owner. As everyone else has said, it is a small place with only a few tables. I had checked out the menu on line so I had an idea of what I wanted to order but once we got there my decision became more difficult. My husband & I both picked the Taste of Poland. It consisted of beet soup, pierogies and bigos (Hunter's stew). We both had one of each of the different pierogies offered. Everything was very good. I especially loved the pierogies. My best friend when I was growing up was Polish. I had the best pierogies at her house. These reminded me so much of those great pierogies. The bigos was more like a kind of sweet pulled pork barbeque sandwich. The best part was the gaufre which is a waffle. There are several toppings you can choose so we picked the strawberries, bananas, nutella, nuts and whipped cream topping. The gaufre was warm and delicious and the toppings were great on it. The best part was it was free with our coupon. When we told the owner we were in St. Augustine to celebrate our anniversary she started telling us about her and her husband. She is from Greece and he is from Poland. They have many other things on the menu that looked very good. I can't wait to go back and try some of them.

3  Thank MommamurphyFlorida
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love borscht. Thank my mother's Russian heritage. We stopped in for a quick snack between lunch and dinner. This hot beet soup was yummy - just the right amount of hot sauce to give it a small kick, and the tiny mushroom filled dumplings....brought back a flood of memories. My husband had the pyzys - meat stuffed potato balls which were quite filling and ended with a powdered sugar topped gaufre. The service was good, the staff friendly and welcoming. We did not try any of the Greek food, but if you have never eaten Polish, try it here. This will be a must-stop on our next trip!

3  Thank Sw33t_tart