“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived on Friday, and had a great weekend. The property itself looked older from the outside, but the decor flowed with the city and the location overlooking the bay was perfect. When we checked in they were already prepared for us and the process was quick. When we arrived at our room, for the three days that we were there it was perfect and met our needs. Nothing too fancy, yet accommodating. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. The only problem we had during our stay was a faulty iron, I called and within 10 minutes the maid arrived with a brand new iron. We will definitely be back to visit Saint Augustine, and will stay at the Bay Front Inn again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 666Frank2
Amcomo, Public Relations Manager at Bayfront Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you joined our mailing list, that way you can take advantage of our monthly promotions for the next time you visit. If not, simply email me at alison@bayfrontinn.com and I will add you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at the Bayfront Inn for 1 night it was our first time visiting St. Augustine. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. We were in a room on the first floor right next to the lobby and that was the issue, we did ask for a room on the second floor but none were avaialble. You can hear everything on the second floor and everyone going to and from the lobby, very noisy. The bathroom was clean and spacious the rest of the room was ok as far as cleanliness and comfort. Both queen beds squeaked unbelievably though. Did not get a good nights sleep between the sqeaky bed and the noise from the floor above. for the price I would have hoped for a little better accomdations. Overall not bad however.

Room Tip: get a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ft L Lauderdale, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Bayfront Inn. I love it because it is off the beaten path which can be very crowded at Thanksgiving weekend. It is walking distance from everything & free parking!!! I found the room to be exceptionally clean & comfortable. The staff was helpful & friendly. The breakfast was basic. I appreciated that because I don't like to be tempted by a lot of hi calorie foods.

Room Tip: first floor to the left of the lobby-no second floor above you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linedancer6
Loudon, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

So I enjoy going to Historic St. Augustine. Great places to eat, bars and shopping. I have stayed at the Bayfront Inn 138 Avenida Menendez a number of times that is why I go back because it is close walking to everything.
However, this trip is a bust! I made reservations with the hotel directly and requested the room we always get. The woman knew the room because she looked it up and said she will hold it for us. When we got there, the room wasn't held and we got a bottom floor room with no other room to change to, and the woman at the desk was getting kinda annoyed with me asking questions as to why this happened. I have delt with her in the past and she hasn't changed. Greatly disapointed.
Got into the room, went into the bathroom and saw a piece of "turd" in the toilet bowl!!! HELLO!! WHAT THE!!! Not only that but the clothes closet had more dirt on the iron holder and the light had more dust on it than you can imagine!! Dirt on the lamps and the phone mouth piece had hair on it AND DIRT ON THE EAR PIECE UGH!!!! I asked for another room but none available. Two days we were going to be there. I mentioned that we have stayed there before, but I have noticed that it has become more run down It seems to cater to alot of wedding parties and it can become noisy during the night.
The only good thing about our stay was Dee. What a pleasure she is. We talked and I will say that is the only good thing about being there.
I have to say They did compensate for the problems, but there shouldn't have been problems to begin with.
The are many hotels, B&B and motels to check out in the area. If this is the last place to get a room I would rather travel a distance than stay there.
BTW the breakfast they have in the morning I would rather walk to a restaurant for it..
Sorry I don't want to get burnt again..

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, B&B or motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank Robert Y
Amcomo, Public Relations Manager at Bayfront Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I would like to express my disappointment that you did not enjoy your stay at the Bayfront Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and even more so our guest’s satisfaction while staying with us. I have investigated the issues you presented in your complaint. Although we strive to accommodate a guest’s request for a specific room type (such as two queen beds) we cannot guarantee a specific room number.

We note that this was your third stay at our property. Apparently, your first stay was pleasurable since our records do not mention any complaints and you continued booking stays at our property. During your second stay you had an issue which was easily resolved and for which we provided you a sizable gift certificate towards a future stay.

This stay was your third with us. You checked in and immediately reported your concerns. Our General Manager personally visited you at your room (for approximately 45 minutes) about the issues and then he refunded you a full night’s stay. Furthermore, he directed the housekeeping staff to detail your room the next morning and personally checked it himself. It was his belief that he had resolved your issues and no further complaints would arise.

So we are quite surprised that you posted your complaint after you received a full night’s refund and had used a complimentary gift certificate towards your second night.

The Bayfront Inn is family owned and we take pride in continually improving the property and guest experience. We regularly perform routine maintenance and add upgrades to the facility yearly. We hope that on your next trip to St. Augustine, you will find another property that meets to your satisfaction.
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Cleanliness is okay. The bedroom and the bathroom are small. The electrical outlets in my room were inaccessible and I had to charge my phone and my camera in the bathroom. The HVAC unit in my room was very loud and the temperature needed to be manually adjusted constantly. The office staff was okay but not as friendly or as helpful as I would have expected them to be. I didn't feel that they were especially welcoming. I won't stay here again and I would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Augesta Georiga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I just spent we'll over an hour reading all 93 reviews .and it amazes me the way people will tell tall tails to get attention. I have read everything from mildew smells to ride staff Lets get something straight the staff is excellent I went down and talked to Dee and she went out of her way to help us find good Karaoke on a Thursday night and I read somewhere on the reviews that the room smelled like mildew not one oder from our room I like the fact that they don't preach about it being a nonsmoking hotel and have ashtrays on your windowsill cool my husband and I came to St Augustine for our 20th wedding anniversary and Bayfront made it memorable Thank you a wonderful place to stay and if you are reading my review please more that when people write negative things they are just negative people we will definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Beth803
Amcomo, Public Relations Manager at Bayfront Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate your business and hope you come back again soon. Enjoy the holidays.
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Location excellent but we were first shown a second floor room with several large white stains on the carpet. When we refused this room, the person at the desk immediately showed us a second room on the first floor (which I requested). This one had new carpet and seemed better. Cleanliness seemed average. The sink handle on the hot water came off but luckily my husband had a wrench so we were good to go! Price ($130 incl. tax) seemed high for quality.

Room Tip: Difficult to manage luggage to second floor--lots of stairs but not many access points
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amcomo, Public Relations Manager at Bayfront Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
First and foremost thank you for choosing the Bayfront Inn, we appreciate your business. However, we wish that your stay was more then ok. We apologize for the sink issue, we have no record of anyone letting a staff member know of this issue. We only hope that you give the Bayfront Inn another chance. Happy Holidays.