Bayfront Inn
$140
$128
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$185
$159
$199
$161
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
AscendHotels
$240
$229
Autograph
  • Restaurant
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
$132
Travelocity
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Orbitz.com
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
$107
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distanceview of the bayroom was cleanhistoric districtwatch the boatsbridge of lionsold townacross the streetyogurtbreakfast includedan older hotelhot breakfasta nice place to staygeorge streetmusty smellking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am originally from St. Augustine and when I go back we typically stay at the BayFront. I have always encountered very nice, very helpful folks behind the desk. The rooms have been recently renovated and are very comfortable. It's also waterfront and priced VERY reasonably. The pool has always been clean and well maintained, not to mention during the day I am usually the only one at it. It offers an excellent location as well as a continental breakfast that includes oatmeal, cereal or toast as well as yogurt and fruit. Frankly it is the same breakfast I eat on a workday. You can walk to anything and everything. I highly recommend this hotel, it is the best place for your money in town. What I would say after reading complaints about this hotel, THIS HOTEL IS NOT THE CASA MONICA so don't expect that level of service, if you are paying $129.00 to $169.00 a night on the waterfront you have to know it won't be the same level of service as a $300-$500 a night hotel. The folks a the Bayfront do a great job and I have never had a bad stay I recommend this hotel to anyone lookig for a comfy room, reasonably priced and in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jooles41
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This motel is nothing special. It's ok. The staff doesn't really like to make your stay nice. They are rude when you ask for a pool towel and want to make sure you return it. I asked for a later check out since check out is at 11 am. The receptionist told me that was not their policy. However they didn't have anyone checking into our room. Finally she said we could have an extra 20 minutes. At 11:15 which was only 15 minutes later the front desk called our room and she asked when we would be checking out. At 11:20 we checked out and I asked to speak with a manager and was told he was not at the motel, but that he would call me. However, he never did. The worst customer service I have received. I wouldn't stay at this motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank nichoel_10
Reviewed April 17, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Bayfront Inn on our first visit to St. Augustine. We definitely liked the location of the Bayfront -- walking distance to the old town, right across from the waterfront, yet a block away from where it gets noisy. We stayed in an upstairs queen room and found it perfectly roomy enough. There was a desk, a small sitting area, an ironing board and a hairdryer too, and the bathroom was small but had a nice tub. I liked the sink on the outside of the bathroom. Everything was very clean. The only thing missing was that the room didn't have a mini-fridge, which would have been nice to store leftovers from eating out. The views from outside our second floor room were quite nice. Our room was quiet, and we thought the decor was better than average for a hotel. Not exactly quaint and romantic like a bed and breakfast, but it was cute and well appointed, and we did enjoy the free chocolates! Although I'd read reviews about the mildewy smell and had worried about that, I didn't smell anything weird, and I have a good nose. Maybe the smell in some rooms is worse than others? There is a free breakfast, but it is pretty plain -- oatmeal, limited selection of bread, apples, yogurt, and orange juice and coffee. I'd suggest that making available some hardboiled eggs, a wider variety of fruit (e.g. oranges, bananas), and some whole wheat bread wouldn't be adding too much yet would make it feel much more satisfying. However, free is a good price, and we enjoyed having our orange juice and coffee on the deck watching the sunrise over the water. We found the front desk staff to be very pleasant and helpful when we asked them questions about where to eat, etc. They let us keep our car parked in their lot for a few hours after we checked out so we didn't have to pay street parking while we finished some sightseeing. I got a AARP rate of $109 for our room, which I think in a tourist town is an excellent value. We were overall quite happy we picked the Bayfront, and unless we'd want to spend much more on a room than on eating and shopping, I think we'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd story room for a view.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RoseCityfriend
Reviewed March 28, 2011

It is on the street facing the bay and in walking distance to train/trolley, and just walking to several attractions. But $119 per night was to me a lot for a breakfast of cereal, yogurt, apples, juice, and oatmeal in a crockpot; and a moldy-smelling room with stinky water, a thermostat with a mind of it's own, not enough toilet paper, and a window in the bathroom with a thinnly sprayed half-coating of white paint on it. I could see out the window very well to the hotel next door.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Very friendly and helpful staff. Will make this my only place to stay in St Augustine. Made reservation by phone and staff was very helpful with all my requests.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple