“Dirty....Icky...Horrible Beds...No Elevators”

Ranked #51 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Dirty....Icky...Horrible Beds...No Elevators”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. They had no elevators so we had to drag all of our suitcases upstairs, all our belongings, our shopping bags, cooler. I never seen a Hotel with out an elevator. So that was a disappointment right off the back. Then we get to our room and it had a foul smell, tiny, a TV from the 80's with only 16 channels, no dvd player. I mean this is 2013 you need to be up to date with it! The beds were horrible and hard. When you moved on it, it sounded like a huge piece of paper. So that kept us up all night. They had unwrapped plastic cups sitting on the counter. I automatically threw them away because I didn't know what insect might have crawled on it, or who touched it before us or even used it. The bottom of the bathtub was slimey, couldn't even replace the toilet paper had a used 1/4 of one left. Our view was to the back of someone house. Which I feel bad for those people cause you can see right in their house. Then..by the TV was a used, stained envelope basically asking for a tip for the maids. Again I thought it was disgusting and why should I feel the need to tip the maid when I'm paying for the room and it's not even clean! We definitely will not be going back! I would not go here if I was you.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel for your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ILOVEMYHUSBAND447

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay and we were not disappointed. The inn is quiet and clean, the family that owns and runs it are polite and friendly. It's not four star by any means, but we aren't four star type of people either. The pool is very small, but with the beaches so close, who needs a pool? I recommend this inn for travelers on a budget, families or anyone who just wants a quiet place to lay their head after a long day of sightseeing.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank rosedagger267
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed only 1 night in an upstairs unit. I was concerened about traffic noise but once you closed the door it was quiet. I thought the beds were very comfortable and the place was clean, & water pressure was good. Always a plus for me or anyone with long hair. 1.5 miles from the amphitheater and a nice walk over the bridge to St. Augustine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina N
St. Louis
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Anastasia Inn is very reasonably priced and in a great location, just across the Bridge of Lions from the historic district. The Inn is exceptionally clean and the beds are reasonably comfortable. The innkeeper and housekeeping staff were all very friendly. The housekeeper even left towel animals on our bed everyday after seeing that we were traveling with two kids!

The pool is small and the furniture is dated, but for the price ($49) and cleanliness of this room, those points are very inconsequential. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CNBones
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Rooms are outdated, but pretty clean. The location of the hotel is it's strong point. Located right in between the downtown area and the Gator Farm/Lighthouse. Walking distance to Blackfly (which is an awesome restaurant about a block away), and an English Pub across the street. If you aren't picky, this is well worth the price. If you need all the latest amenities (HD TV, Fitness Center, nice pool, etc...) then this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jordan A
WV
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Because we are traveling a lot this summer, I wanted to try to save money this time. I have never paid such a low rate at a hotel before, so I booked it with trepidation. Actually, the only reason I booked it was because it had good reviews on Trip Advisor! I am very particular about a hotel; I want it spotless and comfortable. I also try to always find something positive in everything I do. Here are the positives about the Anastasia Inn: 1) cheap, 2) good hair dryer (I'm trying here), 3) the man at the front desk is helpful and friendly. The negatives: 1) old and in need of a facelift inside (outside doesn't look bad), 2) towels are very dingy and old, 3)bathroom: stained tub, mildew on shower curtain, dirty grout in floor tile, rusted window, 4) stained carpet (I would love if American hotels had what I saw in Italy - hardwood floors), 5) dirty walls and chipped door frame - everything needs to be repainted, 6) hard to regulate temperature (it was either humid or freezing), 7) plastic pad on bed-wadded up, made us sweat, loud crinkle sound. I was uncomfortable the entire time I was there. Granted, my physical surroundings are very important to me and hotels are not my favorite place to be; however, if these rooms were remodeled it could be a nice little hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my family and it is overall it is a great place to stay. The room is clean and comfortable. It is a bit outdated but it has a fridge and microwave which is definitely a plus. The breakfast is small (cereal, muffins, and bagels for food and coffee, orange juice, and milk to drink) but it was certainly filling and a good start to the day. Overall, I do not have any legitimate complaints and would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013