Anastasia Inn
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
$137
$236
$217
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$84
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$130
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
  • Restaurant
$239
$229
Official Site
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
All reviewsacross the bridgebridge of lionsbagelsroom was cleanmilk and orange juicesmall poolcoffee makeralligator farmfree continental breakfasthistoric districttub showertwo queen bedsworked greatstayed here for one nightoffice staffrefrigerator and microwavenights of lights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2007

My parents and I stayed at the Anastasia Inn for one night on December 22-23. We had a very pleasant stay. We picked the hotel mainly from the other reviews and because it had great rates in comparison to other hotels, especially in the historic district. In hindsight, the close proximity to downtown (2 minute drive) made it ideal, and the price was right.

I think we definitely got what we paid for. The rooms were a little dated, but overall very clean. The bathroom could have used a little more attention and perhaps an update, but wasn't disgusting. Not that we used it much during our stay, but the TV channels were limited. They served a small breakfast in the morning.

Word of warning to those considering booking this hotel or any other property across the river from downtown: the Bridge of Lions is closed for repairs, and a temporary bridge has been put in its place. It is not very pedestrian friendly, and you're better off taking your car and parking it somewhere downtown than attempting to walk.

All in all, it was a hotel that suited our needs: convenience and a lower cost for only a night's stay for three people. We would likely stay there again the next time we visit.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank beaufort-tiger
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Stayed at Anastasia Dec 14 and 16, '07. Went to St Aug to meet a lady friend for the first time and was looking for reasonably priced accommodations that were clean and comfortable. That's exactly what I found. I paid $76 Friday night and $54 Sunday night, taxes and AARP discount included. I called ahead from the airport to confirm my room reservation and to request an iron and ironing board be ready since I was on a tight schedule. Check-in went quickly and the iron was waiting for me when I walked in the room. The rooms are older but in great shape. Wireless internet worked flawlessly. I needed a taxi for Friday night to take me to Harry's . The front desk called them for me and he showed up right on time. I'm returning in Jan '08 and will definitely stay at Anastasia again.

Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank hoosierdaddyOklahoma
Reviewed November 22, 2007

I stayed here for four nights in November 2007. The staff was very helpful and the location was great since you could walk across the bridge to town in 15 minutes. Hotels in town were much more expensive. It was the weekend of the lighting of the town for the Holiday season which was a bonus. Another great part of the location is that it is across the street from O'Steens a great St. Augustine landmark eating establishment. It is the home of great inexpensive southern cooking. The room was clean and could have used some updates but was fine. It is not a place for a family with children who are looking for a pool and time to relax there. It is on a main drag and the pool is not too much bigger than a large hot tube. For a couple or single person who is looking for a place that is not too expensive in St. Augustine and don't mind walking this is a good choice.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank Flannie
Reviewed November 1, 2007

We had a very good stay with this hotel. It is very clean, it's only 1 minute from historic district(driving) What is not in the room you just ask the front desk and they will bring it to you. Well kept and maintained hotel. The only downside is there is not much parking, there is only enough for 1 car per room. One night we came back at about 10.30pm and had to park in a handicap spot.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Not a full-service, kiss your behind, hotel. But, they were very willing to do anything we asked. It was amazing. Yes, you get great room for the price. No, it's not the Ritz Carlton. But it's very clean, accomodating, and close to everything. Yes, it's a few minutes to the beach and two minutes to downtown.. .huge pros!!!
However, after researching similiar size and style hotels right on the beach.... we were much happier driving a few minutes to get to the beach and saving approx. $150 a night!

• Stayed: July 2007