“AMAZING PROPERTY AND GREAT OWNERS”

Old City House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to St. Augustine for 2 nights and one of the nights we stayed at this charming, beautiful property. Juan is amazing! He's from NYC and has a total New Yorker work ethic.....he always answers his phone, no matter what time. I will absolutely always stay at this inn when I come to St. Augustine again....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment we arrived at this lovely historic place we were treated like family. Juan(owner & chef) was the complete host. He, Christopher, Gina, and the entire staff bent over backwards to insure our renewal of vows for our 20th anniversary was an unforgettable experience. Originally our renewal ceremony was to take place at the St. Augustine Lighthouse grounds, but we awoke on that day to torrential rainfall. We were in a panic, but Juan eased our fears by suggesting the event be held at the Inn. He & his staff took over and our ceremony was absolutely perfect. It was much more intimate than we could have ever hoped for. Our ceremony was followed by a sumptuous dinner that was five-star!! It was the most wonderful experience we have had in years. Not only was our ceremony picture perfect, but the St. George Room was spectacular. Comfy bed, lots of room and a Jacuzzi, what else would you need? We also tried several restaurants in the area, but none compared to the OCH, so we ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is the only place we would ever stay at in the area, it is the finest B&B we have ever been to.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The charm of this beautiful place is amazing. The food is fantastic, the garden is charming, the rooms are comfortable, clean and romantic, but it is Juan and Christopher that made our experience so wonderful. Their attention to detail, and to us, is incredible. On both of our visits we were treated like a King and Queen and it continued throughout the whole stay. Mac and Radick were just as attentive and our every need was met almost before we asked. We visit St. Augustine at least twice a year and have stayed in many places. I would not even consider another B&B after discovering this one. We will be back!!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

When we arrived to this charming bed and breakfast, Christopher(Inn Keeper) was eager to make our stay a memorable one. While we were getting our keys and signing our paperwork, we were giving complimentary wine. The staff here are very pleasant. From Mackney, Alberto and Radick we were handled with the upmost regard, so therefore, we felt we were an honored guest at their bed and breakfast. Not only was the service stellar, the cuisine was fit for a King & Queen. We considered venturing out to other establishments for a great meal, but found we were more than happy to indulge here. I have attached some pictures of our continental breakfast as well as complimentary cheese plate, not to forget our A+ entree's and Appetizers.

Now on to our accommodations...the room was well decorated and served its purpose. The bed could stand to be a bit more softer, but I'm sure if you love firm mattresses, then this would be the best for you. Our room was quiet, but around 1:30 am one evening or morning, whatever you want to look at it I believe we may had a ghostly visit. Why or how you ask? Well, with the staff long gone for the evening and the room next to us vacant we heard a slight banging in the walls... kind of eerie, but it didn't last too long before it disappeared. Nonetheless, the evenings were bliss outside in the courtyard where tranquil music played throughout and soothing sounds of the Lion fountain nearby. What a romantic setting. What else could you need? Yes, great and caring people that run this gem of a place. We will be sure to return...soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Alcazar. It had a private entrance on the North side of the Inn. Nice and quiet, ex...
1  Thank J S
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our first vacation trip since my husband fell and broke hip along with some illness. Juan and Christopher, owners, went out of the way to make sure our stay went well. They could not have been more accommodating and the house itself was delightful and comfortable; beautifully appointed.

The restaurant food was delicious and the presentation was outstanding. It was hard to come home and start serving myself again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I visited St. Augustine for the first time this weekend, and our visit was made perfect by Old City Inn and its staff. Owners Juan and Christopher really know how this should be done. I've stayed in many inns and B&Bs, so I have lots to compare it to. From the time I booked our room until we checked out, everything was perfect. We were actually a bit early to arrive, but it was no problem at all, and we were greeted with a bottle of wine for our anniversary, maps of the city, and continuously warm hospitality.

Our room was clean and decorated beautifully, and complete with many spa quality amenities. I especially liked the make-up remover pads....nice touch for the ladies. There is a terrace with tables upstairs to enjoy a glass of wine outside, and a very cute courtyard downstairs to enjoy a drink from the bar or a complimentary soft drink. We were also invited to a complimentary social with wine and cheese. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to that. So little time....too much to see.

Breakfasts were pure heaven on a plate.....everything from fresh fruit cups, to strawberry French toast, to specialty omelets and breakfast casseroles.....everything too beautifully presented to eat, but OMG.....sooooooooooo delicious. Even the coffee was special. My husband and I are very picky about coffee, and this was very good. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner, which I am sorry to say, we weren't able to try, but the menu looked very good. We will definitely have dinner there on our next visit.

The location of the inn is also perfect....literally across the street from the Lightner Museum and Flagler College, and only a block from St. George Street. Easily within walking distance to most of the main city attractions, and steps away from a trolley pick-up. Even though it is so close to everything, it is in a place with little traffic, neither foot nor car traffic, making it nice and quiet for sleeping....no road noise or foot traffic like many of the other hotels.

Almost forgot....complimentary bicycles. As I said.....really the perfect place to stay. I know we will be visiting St. Augustine again, and I know I will be staying at the Old City Inn when we do....assuming Juan and Christopher are still there!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Flagler Room. RIght at the top of the stairs; terrace right outside, very roomy wit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
juan s, Owner at Old City House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for yours review. We are glad you have great time with as. We are hoping to see you back on your next anniversary or sooner. Juan and Christopher

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I have visited St. Augustine for over 20 years and the new owners Juan and Christopher made our stay a perfect retreat. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the breakfast was scrumptious ! Perfect crapes, with fresh fruit and vanilla cream; delicious omelet, and freshly made homemade potatoes. The put our comfort first to the extent of placing my teens in a room more suited to their needs and upgrading my boyfriend and me to a room with a jacuzzi ! The staff were professional, welcoming and so pleasant. I have stayed at multiple bed and breakfasts from elite registries and I can honestly say that Juan and Christopher provide the most perfect stay isn't Augustine . Other nearby 5 star hotels charge for everything including parking! The inn is literally in the heart of the historic district , yet provides comfortable out door spaces, incredible food and bar with a pampered feel that makes one feel like "spa treatment"! I also left a prized evening bag in my room and Juan called me to return it! The staff having turned it in with credit card and jewelry intact! The Old City House Inn is most perfect retreat in the center of all the activities that beautiful St Augustine has to offer! Marybeth LaPointe - Gainesville , Florida

Room Tip: Simply ask Juan for your needs and he will match you perfectly to any of the gorgeous rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family