“Absolutely Wonderful”
Review of Penny Farthing Inn

Penny Farthing Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the first time my husband and I stayed at a B & B and we LOVED it. Marie, David, Matthew and Betty were very hospitable.
The Inn is in the beautiful historical district and its location is walking distance from most everything. Even though we were close to the "action", the area where the Inn is located is very quiet.
We stayed in The Dawn and the room was above and beyond what we expected. The room is quite large and the bathroom was very spacious. We especially enjoyed sitting on our private porch in the evening.
Betty's breakfast is spectacular!!!! My favorite was Sunday's breakfastt with the Apple French Toast and Sausage :) YUMMMMMMMMM.
We highly recommend the Penny Farthing Inn and we will be back!

Room Tip: The Dawn is spacious and private. The private porch is delightful Best night's sleep we had in...

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This Inn is located near the Historic District and within easy walking distance to everything. The Innkeepers are wonderful, witty, and helpful. Great stay, great breakfast! Marie and her husband (Don I think) are easy going, yet willing to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here in October and absolutely loved it! Marie is very friendly and hospitable! It's walking distance to the historic downtown. The Victoria Room is beautiful and has a private balcony overlooking Cedar Street. We spent most of our time on the balcony reading and just enjoying the beautiful Fall weather. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our first time staying at a B & B, so we didn't really know what to expect. We were celebrating our anniversary so we wanted something romantic and relaxing. We found that at the Penny Farthing Inn! We stayed in Penny's attic. It was a cozy and romantic hideaway. Marie and her husband were wonderful hosts. The breakfasts were very tasty and filling. We felt very welcome and right at home. The location was perfect. Not to far and not tool close to everything. Even after we checked out we were able to leave our car parked there to do more last minute shopping/site seeing. Loved it! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent my birthday weekend at the Penny Farthing, in the Tree House room. The owner & his son are warm and hospitable. The room was comfortable, secluded and restful. The sherry in the room and the afternoon treats along with wine in the main house are a nice touch. Breakfast was hearty and delicious each morning. The only issue was, normally if I don't need fresh towels I will hang them up, but the room did not have a bath mat so I used my towel. I assumed laying them on the tub would signal the need for fresh towels, instead they were folded and hung up, we had to ask for fresh the next morning. Overall it was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: The tree house is a bit more secluded from the rest of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My reason for choosing this B&B was first due to the excellent reviews, which I needed as I had never stayed at one. But still you never know! The owner, Marie, from her gentle guidance when we got lost getting there and all the way through out stay, absolutely no complaints. The whole place is charming, clean, felt like we were visiting a wonderful home in England. It was my daughter's 16th and in the room we were greeted with balloons and a sweet 16 balloon, and on her birthday at breakfast she got a delicious cupcake with a candle was to make a wish, and a card from Marie, which was such a sweet touch. And breakfast! So sumptious, keeps you filled for all your sightseeing, of which there is a lot. On our last morning, we got afull English breakfast, and the day before eggs benedict, and on and on. And afternoon tea, the assortment of eats and drinks, delicious scones, cake, excellent coffee, teas, white and red wine, not to mention the decanter of sherry in the room. We stayed in the Cherry Rose, which was very clean, charming and cozy, and the bed was seriously comfortable, and we had a balcony to sit out on. The Inn is also close to everything; from the day we arrived till the day we left, the car never moved, and the house is situated far enough away (a block or two) to have peace and quiet, but close enough to all the main shopping areas, restaurants, Flagler College, etc. I could go on and on. We're going back December, and then in June 2013. This will be my place to stay whenever I'm visiting wonderful St. Augustine!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a great place to stay! The Penny Farthing Inn is perfectly located--close enough to town to walk everywhere yet quiet enough to get a great night's sleep. Penny's Attic shows off a great view of the city from its rooftop private porch. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. Marie and Betty are both so helpful and an absolute pleasure to be around. We joked that they must have our room "bugged" because they always had exactly what we wanted when we wanted it! Breakfast was being put on the table as we got down the stairs. I mentioned to my husband around noon the one day how I'd love to have a cookie. When we went downstairs, Marie had just pulled a batch out of the oven! Needless to say, the cookies were amazing, but then again, so was everything else about the Penny Farthing Inn. We cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: Penny's Attic is a great room for couples looking for a little privacy and a lot of romance.