“Awesome stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Dothan, Alabama
“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were warmly greeted as soon as we arrived. Lynn and the entire staff were so helpful especially with area recommendations for dining, etc. The location is perfect, a close walk to everything and a trolley stop is only a few steps out of the courtyard. Our room, the Montejurra, was very spacious and nicely decorated. There was a small fridge to keep our adult beverages cool and we really enjoyed the fireplace. The courtyard is very peaceful for relaxing after a day of sightseeing. The evening wine social was a nice treat and the breakfast was absolutely AMAZING!!! The housekeeping service added a nice little holiday touch when servicing our room. The parking is off site but not a big deal.....a very easy walk. I highly recommend Casa de Solana especially during the Nights of Lights. We can't wait to visit again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

On the oldest street, near the oldest house, but away from the kitchy and touristy pedestrian mall, just a few blocks from the water. We stayed in the attic, the "British Suite", which seemed private, but as a tall guy, had to duck my head in a few places.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Casa de Solana in historic St Augustine provided the perfect escape from snow bound Boston. Jeff and staff provided a warm welcome, our room was attractive and comfortable, with great attention to detail. The delicious breakfast was beautifully presented. We shall return!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The place was great. My wife and I wanted to get away and we found the perfect place. The staff was very pleasant and the breakfasts were wonderful. It's right on Aviles Street which is walking distance from all major attractions. I also suggest you try Cellars6 restaurant on the same street. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CasadeSolana, Manager at Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thrilled to read that you and your wife were able to enjoy the perfect Christmas getaway at Casa. We're happy to have hosted you both. I'll be sure to pass your kudos along to our staff — they'll appreciate it very much! All the best to you and yours in this new year.

Warm regards,
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I usually don't write reviews, but I just have to rave about my stay at Casa de Solana over Christmas. I surprised my fiancé with the Chocolate Lovers and Roses package, and it was exceptional... Champagne, chocolate cake, chocolate dipped strawberries, and chocolate covered chocolate chip cookies... Decadent and delicious!

We stayed in the Cielo Room, and it was lovely, cozy, and perfect for two. We spent our nights sipping champagne on our private balcony. And, I highly recommend making use of the jacuzzi bathtub, which was incredibly relaxing.

Casa de Solana is a beautiful B&B inside and out... The staff is friendly, and the ambiance is charming and peaceful.

We couldn't have picked a better city, and place to stay for Christmas. I can't wait to go back because this definitely a holiday vacation to remember.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lauren62984
CasadeSolana, Manager at Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We're so happy to have hosted you and your fiancé for a cozy Christmas holiday. What a lovely surprise you planned! I'm glad to hear that our Chocolate Lovers and Roses package was the perfect addition to your visit! (It's hard to go wrong when chocolate's involved, right?)

A big thank you for choosing Casa and also for taking the time to write a fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you both the next time you make it back to St. Augustine. Until then, wishing you all the best in your engagement!

Warm regards,
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I got married over the weekend and was lucky enough that I found Casa de Solana for my special day. The courtyard and the buildings were beautiful, I had my wedding in the courtyard and everything was set up, all i had to do was show up, which is a great relief to a stressed out bride. I have worked in hotels for years, chain hotels, and I have always noticed how pushy sometimes they can be. However Casa de Solana was able to do so much for me and my husband, and make our stay feel so personal, while still remaining at a distance and giving us our privacy during our stay, there's a real art to that, and that's an area I feel most places come up short in. We stayed in the Montejurra room, which was just beautiful, comfortable bed, sitting area, large balcony and large bathtub, I did not want to leave! We had an in room massage which was great, and a carriage ride around the town which is just beautiful this time of year. The breakfast in bed was delicious, the pesto and basil omelettes were SO good, and I thought the makeup cleansing clothes in the bathroom was such a great touch, especially after a wedding. this is

Special Thank you to Jeff and the ladies for an amazing stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad that we were able to deliver a seamless wedding day for you and your lovely husband, Hillary. Thank you for the sweet review! We do our best to balance between those personal touches and giving couples enough space to keep the focus on what's most important — each other. It's great to hear that we're doing just that!

I wish you both all of the newlywed bliss that comes in the first months of marriage. Come back and see us whenever you feel nostalgic and are ready to relive your special day. Congratulations!

All the best,
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I stayed at a B&B. We had a little trouble finding the place but we called and they were able to direct us in.
The room was nice but it was cool in the evening (November) and the fireplace was not turned on yet for the season. My wife had a chill so I went to ask the front desk. They gave me a warm blanket which helped.
The location is great. According to the tour guides it's on the oldest street in St Augustine. There are a couple of nice restaurants just up the block and we were able to walk to most of the attractions, shops ad restaurants.
The staff was very friendly and the breakfast tasty.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad that you and your wife were able to enjoy your stay in St. Augustine with us. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'll be sure to pass your kudos along to the chef and staff. They'll appreciate it very much!

Thanks also for being so understanding with the chilly weather. Our staff is always happy to do whatever they can to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible. I hope the two of you will come back and visit us again one day. Until then, I hope you are both warm and well in Pennsylvania.

Best regards,