Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$110
$169
$144
$147
  • Pool
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
$152
Hampton.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$115
Travelocity
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$134
$117
All reviewsmontejurra roomoldest streetaviles streetsocial hourbreakfast was deliciousbeautiful courtyardwithin walking distanceperfect locationwhirlpool tubboth morningsother guestsold cityyear anniversaryhistoric districtevery morningstayed two nightsa wonderful stay
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and we also stayed here, we honestly couldn't have picked a better place. This is a lovely B&B and would recommend it to anyone. The location is ideal, its in the heart of historic St. Augustine yet far away, but still within walking distance, from all the hustle and bustle of the touristy sites. The beds are comfortable and pillows are great, I wish I could have taken one home! The bathroom was by far the best I've ever seen at a B&B. It had a Jacuzzi tub with rain-shower showerhead, which I LOVED. They have the BEST home made chocolate chips cookie EVER throughout the day, as well as coffee and tea. How do I know they are homemade? Because you can actual smell them baking them through the day. The breakfast served was yummy and I was never disappointed. They also offer scones, homemade and delish, hard boiled eggs, toast and juice for breakfast. All the food provided is homemade on location. The social hour btwn 4:30 - 5:30pm is great for winding down after a day of walking around, they offer a red, white and blush wine. I tried them all and they are all great. Along with the wine offered are some cheese, crackers, olive and spinach dip. After social hour you can take a quick stroll up the block to have dinner at the various restaurants nearby.

The B&B does offer off premises parking, which is about 2 - 3 blocks away. Follow the written directions provided, not the map, it's much clearer. Honestly the parking is not that bad, if you think about it you really won't need your car as everything is walking distance away.

Something to keep in mind, this is the second oldest Bed & Breakfast in the area. If you are looking for modern and updated furniture, you'll have to go to a Hilton or Marriott for that. The furniture in the rooms and throughout lends itself to the atmosphere and setting this lovely and quint B&B provides.

Room Tip: If you want to joint rooms I recommend asking the innkeeper which rooms share a balcony. I stayed in the Montejurra Room that had a connecting balcony to the Segui Room, where my friend stayed. It was like having a 2 bedroom suite!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wow I am convinced that staying at a bed & breakfast is the best. For our 34 forth wedding anniversary we stayed at the Casa de Solana in the beautiful St. Augustine Florida. This was our second time staying at the Casa de Solana and the first time was in March 2012. Well I have to tell all of you, it was better than the first stay, the staff treated us like family once again. We traveled with our Italian grey hound Lexi who is one year old now. The room that we stayed in this time was on the ground floor which made our stay more enjoyable and having a dog it was convenient. Jeff and the staff helped us pick out the best restaurants to celebrate our wedding anniversary weekend. The breakfast they prepared for us was fantastic. We want to thank you all for making our second time staying at a Bed and Breakfast better than the first. Lexi had the best time also. We highly recommend staying at The Casa de Solana in St. Augustine Florida we are looking forward to our next visit. Casadesolana@gmail.com or 904-824-3555

Best Regards,
Glaydene and Paul
Glaydene@aol.com and Captpaulgator@aol.com

Room Tip: Always call ahead to confim the room and let the staff know if you have a pet and any special needs before booking your stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptPaulGator
CasadeSolana, Manager at Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

G&P, that was a LOVELY review. You know we love having you both (and doggie) here. Until next year, happy holidays and best wishes!!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at the Casa de Solana for a week recently. What we liked best about it was the location. We could walk to over 70% of the activities in St Augustine. The included breakfast was always good food. We had a suite on the third floor, which was always clean but some the worse for wear. The carpet and furniture was old. Most of the people working at the B&B was polite and helpful.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Casa de Solana for 3 nights. We stayed at the British Suite which is on the top floor. The rooms were very, very clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly and welcoming. We can only recommend the Inn. The Breakfast was very good as well. Our price for room also included bike rentals and
tickets for the Old Jail, Fountain of Youth and the Oldest House.
We would definately stay at the Casa de Solana again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Casa de Solana for two nights. Our room and the entire B&B were immaculately clean and well kept. The breakfast was amazing and the staff was welcoming and provided an excellent history of the inn. We've stayed at other hotels/B&B's in St Augustine in the past and none lived up to our experience at Casa de Solana. We will definetly be returning!

1  Thank Lindsay C