“Saragossa Inn is THE PLACE to stay!”

The Saragossa Inn B&B
Ranked #26 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I had three days off from work, so last minute we planned a getaway to St. Augustine. We've never stayed at a B&B and wanted to try one out instead of a typical hotel. We found The Saragossa Inn and had the most amazing time!! There are sooo many inns and B&Bs around St. Augustine with various deals and offers, but after being there on our vacation, I can honestly say I'm thrilled we chose The Saragossa Inn for our getaway. No other inn seemed as well-kept or as centrally located (without all the noise from the nightlife) or as friendly. Staying here made St. Augustine just THAT much better! It was truly a home away from home. We'll be back soon! :)

--We're in our late 20s and a little afraid we were too "young" for a B&B, but we were mistaken as Gibbs and Chuck were very friendly and so were the other guests.
--It's down two blocks from St. George Street on the north end, perfect walking distance to the great restaurants and bars (even the fort), far enough away from all the loud noise at night. No need to drive around at all!
--Breakfast by Gibbs was wonderful both mornings.
--Parking was free and in the back of the inn.
--We stayed in the Palmbreeze room. It was comfortable, cozy, and clean. Perfect for relaxing and sleeping in :)
--Not sure where to go or what to eat? Just ask Gibbs! He hooked us up with some menus and some freebie appetizer coupons.

1  Thank Cheryl S
There are newer reviews for The Saragossa Inn B&B

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Saragossa Inn is exceptional! The room was very clean and the bed was amazing! The entire property was beautiful, but the friendliness of the Innkeeper Gibbs and his scrumptious food is the reason we will never stay anywhere else! We loved the location, walking distance to everything. Gibbs not only gave us wonderful tips on where to go, he offered to make reservations for us as well! This was our first B&B and this one definitely lives up to what we had heard, AWESOME!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We spent a week at the Inn and could of stayed there for ever! The room was so beautiful yet homey. The plants and flowers were so lovely and I felt like I was in a rain forest! The location was so close to downtown and all the historic sites. The inn keepers, Gibbs and Chuck, were very helpful in steering us to great restaurants and must see sites. The daily breakfast was fabulous and the dinning room was very chic yet very comfortable. Any one going to St Augustine must stay at the Sarogassa Inn. I can't wait to return soon!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I have chosen to stay at the Saragossa Inn for our last 2 vacations (and are so looking forward to staying with them again this year!) The rooms are comfy and Gibbs is amazing with his hospitality and COOKING! The 3 course breakfast is AMAZING and leaves you satisfied until well into the day! Their location is excellent as well, we can walk just about anywhere we want as far as shopping, pubs and restaurants, and the trolley is only a few blocks away when we want to go further, like to the beach. We love St. Augustine, Gibbs AND the Saragossa Inn!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Saragossa Inn for President's weekend in February of this year. The room was ready when we arrived early in the day. It was clean and really comfortable. The breakfast was by far the best part of the trip. You can stay in a room anywhere in St. Augustine, some are nicer than others, but ultimately it is a room. The real difference here is the friendly attentive service of your hosts and the amazing 3 course breakfasts. We would not consider staying anywhere else in St. Augustine, because we know we would miss Gibbs' cooking. Thank you very much for a great stay.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this bed and breakfast and we completely loved the place, breakfast and service, next time we visit St Augustine we will stay at the Saragossa inn again!!!!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My hubby & I wanted a quick getaway I decided to have the bed & breakfast experience w/o telling my hubby! From the time we walked in the attention was very pleasant and attentive! The owners made everything possible to make our stay enjoyable! Breakfast was amazing! I recommend this place 100%!

• Stayed: February 2012